Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
colleenmomof2

Lemon Curd Frozen Yogurt recipe - great w/fruit pies

Veteran Member
1212 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #29786 at 3:29 pm on Aug 5, 2017

Since posting this in 2013, I have made it with 1/2 cup of fat-free half-and-half instead of the 1 cup of heavy cream, and have also left the heavy cream out entirely. Both work for us!

I combined several recipes and we were all very pleased with the resulting product. I kept about 1/2 cup of the mixture out of the ice cream machine because I was afraid of overflow (and I ended up being right) so I added the extra 1/2 cup at 15 minutes, processed for 5 more minutes, and the overflow was minimized but the ice cream/yogurt was soft when I removed it from the machine. We had this with warm blackberry streusel pie - yum! Colleen

Lemon Curd Frozen Yogurt
2 cups of Greek yogurt (I used 1 Dannon 2# plain yogurt strained)
1 cup (plus) lemon curd (I have used Trader Joe's 10.5oz jar or Aldi's can of lemon pie filling ;)
1 cup heavy cream - opt. (I leave out or sub 1/2 cup fat-free 1/2&1/2 for a creamier texture)
2 TBS limoncello (or vodka or lemon vodka)
Finely grated lemon zest from 1-2 lemons - opt.

Blend yogurt and curd together with beaters. Add in heavy cream and limoncello slowly. Add zest, if using. Chill overnight or for an hour in the freezer. Add to prepared ice cream machine (minus 1/2 cup if making full recipe) and process for 15 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup and process for an additional 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a stainless steel bowl and place in freezer until ready to serve. We store in a plastic bag and warm a portion by kneading the bag with our hands before serving.

Link: Lemon Curd Frozen Yogurt

Other messages in this thread: