Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's mine: Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake...
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #4526 at 3:52 am on Nov 16, 2006
This is moist and delicious with just the right balance of tartness and sweetness. Great for using up leftover cranberry sauce.
CRANBERRY SWIRL COFFEECAKE
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream (I use nonfat plain yogurt)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup of fresh cranberry sauce (recommended) - to make the sauce, follow the directions on any package of fresh cranberries), OR one 8-ounce can of whole cranberry sauce (I use fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (*Decrease the temperature by 25 degrees if using dark pan.). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs just until well blended.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With mixer running, (lower the mixer speed), add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream or yogurt to the butter mixture until just blended. Do not overmix! Stir in the almond extract and mix only until just combined. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat, ending with the batter on top.
4. Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. Cut around edge of the cake to loosen, then turn out and let cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 1 - 9 or 10 inch tube pan (12 servings).
Adapted from Allrecipes
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 4526. Okay, it's cranberry time. What's your favorite cranberry dessert or brunch recipe? [NT] - Meryl - 3:50am on 11/16/06 (7)
- Here's mine: Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake... - Meryl - 3:52am on 11/16/06
- This is my favorite, too. I make this at least once every Thanksgiving/Christmas. [NT] - AndreainDC - 1:11pm on 11/16/06
- I'm going to make this for Sunday morning! Thanks Meryl! - Heather_in_SF - 7:20pm on 11/16/06
- Definitely "meant to be!" [NT] - Meryl - 9:35pm on 11/16/06
- REC: Cranberry Upside-Down Cake... - charlie - 12:54pm on 11/16/06
- I just made a delicious cranberry chutney. It is a little time consumeing (m) - Misplaced in AZ - 5:12pm on 11/16/06
- Starbuck's Cranberry Bliss Bars.... YUM!!!! [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 11:48pm on 11/20/06