Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Easy Meringue Buttercream...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #12733 at 8:32 am on Nov 24, 2008
EASY MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM
Recipe By :Nick Malgieri
4 large egg whites -- (1/2 Cup)
1 cup sugar
1 Pinch salt
12 ounces unsalted butter -- (3 sticks) softened
Place egg whites, sugar and salt in medium-sized heatproof mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk gently and constantly until egg whites are hot (about 140 degrees) and sugar is dissolved, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whip by machine until thick and cooled, about 5 minutes. Beat in butter and continue beating until buttercream is smooth and spreadable. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days. Before using, bring buttercream to room temperature and beat smooth by machine. Beat in flavoring, a little at a time, and continue beating until buttercream is smooth, about 2 minutes longer (always flavor buttercream immediately before using it).
NOTES : One of the best buttercreams is also the easiest to prepare. Flavorings:
Liqueur: 2 to 3 tablespoons liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or dark or light rum.
Lemon: 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
Coffee: 3 tablespoons instant coffee (espresso, if possible) dissolved in 2 tablespoons water, coffee or rum.
Raspberry: 3/4 cup thick raspberry puree made by cooking down and straining a 10-ounce package of frozen raspberries.
Chocolate: 6 ounces chocolate melted with 4 tablespoons water, coffee or milk and cooled.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12733. New to this...again - kraftylady622 - 7:59am on 11/24/08 (4)
- REC: Buttercream... - charlie - 8:30am on 11/24/08
- REC: Easy Meringue Buttercream... - charlie - 8:32am on 11/24/08
- Welcome to FK! Your post is on the Who are You? page! That's why you can't see it. [NT] - PatBastrop - 6:05pm on 11/24/08
- Hi Terry - welcome to the board. Did you find get a recipe that fits the bill? [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:17am on 11/29/08