Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's my mama's buttermilk pie recipe... will be interested to compare to yours.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12789 at 12:11 am on Nov 29, 2008
This tastes like a custard pie but with a little extra *tang*
3 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
3 tbl. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups buttermilk
4 tbl. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 unbaked pie shell
Beat egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolk, sugar, flour, salt, butter, and buttermilk together. Fold in the egg whites. Pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake at 375 deg. for 45 minutes.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12789. Buttermilk Pie Recipe Typo - Kendall - 11:57am on 11/27/08 (11)
- Forget it, posted wrong recipe [NT] - Kendall - 12:10pm on 11/27/08
- Buttermilk pie??!!! One of my all-time favorites... what time shall I arrive? Happy T-day! [NT] - cheezz - 3:59pm on 11/27/08
- It was really really really really good! I finally found the right - Kendall - 10:13pm on 11/27/08
- Did you make the recipe you posted above?? And what was the 'typo'? [NT] - cheezz - 4:06pm on 11/28/08
- No Chezz...I'm - Todd or Kendall - 6:49pm on 11/28/08
- OK, I'm not finding what I want, but cornmeal pie crust - Todd or Kendall - 7:13pm on 11/28/08
- NO NO NO - a sour cream pie would not be ANYthing like it... buttermilk pie is one of a kind! [NT] - cheezz - 12:10am on 11/29/08
- I replaced my recipe with your mama's recipe NT [NT] - Kendall - 8:13am on 12/06/08