Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My pleasure--REC: Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach & Goat Cheese...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #13172 at 5:06 pm on Dec 22, 2008
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese
Serving Size : 6
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 garlic cloves -- pressed
1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Marsala wine -- (optional)
4 large sprigs fresh thyme
6 large portobello mushrooms
1 10-ounce package frozen spinach
1 pound button mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Vidalia onion -- chopped
3 garlic cloves -- pressed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese -- plus
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs -- plain
1 5-ounce package soft goat cheese -- crumbled
For marinated mushrooms:
Whisk first 6 ingredients and Marsala, if desired, in medium bowl for marinade. Stir in thyme sprigs. Cut stems from mushrooms and place stems in processor. Arrange mushrooms, gill side up, in 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over mushrooms and marinate 4 hours, turning to coat occasionally.
Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain; cool. Using hands, squeeze excess water from spinach. Place in small bowl.
Add half of button mushrooms to processor with portobello mushroom stems. Using on/off turns, process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to medium bowl and repeat with remaining mushrooms. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion; sauté until beginning to brown, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add chopped mushrooms, sprinkle with salt, and increase heat to high. Cook until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Season mushroom mixture with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl; cool to room temperature.
Add spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and breadcrumbs to mushroom mixture; toss to distribute evenly. Add goat cheese and toss gently to distribute evenly. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover filling and let stand at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Transfer marinated mushrooms, with some marinade still clinging, to rimmed baking sheet, gill side down. Roast until beginning to soften, about 15 minutes. Turn mushrooms over. Divide filling among mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over and bake until heated through and cheese begins to brown, about 15 minutes.
"Bon Appétit | January 2009"
Other messages in this thread:
- 13172. What your menu for Christmas--here's mine... - charlie - 2:35pm on 12/22/08 (17)
- then... - charlie - 2:39pm on 12/22/08
- Did you say Portobello Mushrooms with Spinach and Goat Cheese!! YUM!! Care to Share? [NT] - barb_b - 4:27pm on 12/22/08
- My pleasure--REC: Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach & Goat Cheese... - charlie - 5:06pm on 12/22/08
- Thanks! Looks wonderful! [NT] - barb_b - 10:22am on 12/23/08
- charlie, could you post the fiery cajun shrimp recipe or provide a link? thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 5:38pm on 12/22/08
- REC: Fiery Cajun Shrimp... - charlie - 8:06pm on 12/22/08
- Thanks! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:23am on 12/23/08
- bite the bullet, charlie. steam the cabbage... [LINK] - rvb - 8:17pm on 12/22/08
- I'll keep this in mind! Would it work if I made the red cabbage and had a martini? [NT] - charlie - 6:15am on 12/23/08
- chicken. steam... - rvb - 8:48am on 12/23/08
- Do you do this with red or white cabbage? [NT] - charlie - 9:15am on 12/23/08
- yes. either. sorry for the slowness, i've been out of town. [NT] - rvb - 2:57pm on 12/27/08
- REC: Apple Mustard Sauce--for the smoked pork---good with ham also... - charlie - 9:17am on 12/23/08
- The Apple Mustard Sauce looks heavenly, forwarded it to my sister who's making Christmas Eve Dinner [NT] - dianncy1964 - 2:55pm on 12/23/08
- I have absolutely no idea. We are supposed to be flying to Seattle tomorrow nite. HA. good luck to - AngAk - 2:41pm on 12/22/08
- Good luck Ang, - Dawn_MO - 12:58am on 12/23/08
- we're checked in. boarding passes printed. flight time is the same---so far. everything crossed - AngAk - 10:46am on 12/23/08