Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
D, I didn't think I'd like the glasstop, but I love it. Easy to shift pots around, so easy to clean
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #13338 at 4:59 pm on Jan 8, 2009
The only thing I can't use on it (as far as I know) is my cast iron frying pan. Because it might scratch the glass top?? Should research that more.
We don't have any kids in the kitchen (at least not age-wise kids...I'm convinced Larry is 4 years old at times) so you may need to consider those issues.
We got ours [Kenmore] used off Craig's List for $250 (for a $600 3-year old model). Bachelor was upgrading his kitchen to all stainless steel and had used the oven to store his potato chips and pretzels. Oven racks were still wrapped in plastic.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13338. FRC Need ad new oven... I saw some recommendations from 2006, but has anyone - DawnNYS - 3:47pm on 01/08/09 (21)
- Dawn, do you mean a range (oven below, burner on top?) more - MarkinHouston - 3:59pm on 01/08/09
- Yes, oven, stove, range... the big (white) thing in the corner of everyone's kitchen ;o) Thanks, I - DawnNYS - 4:38pm on 01/08/09
- Dawn, I love my Maytag Gemini, which has a full size oven below, and a second shallow oven above [LINK] - Joe - 4:55pm on 01/08/09
- why would you go with the electric? just wondering as I need a new one too. [NT] - AngAk - 7:51pm on 01/08/09
- I think I got the first-ever gas version. I loved having the broiler at waist level, instead of - Joe - 4:10am on 01/09/09
- D, I didn't think I'd like the glasstop, but I love it. Easy to shift pots around, so easy to clean - MarilynFL - 4:59pm on 01/08/09
- I use my cast iron all the time and have not scratched my glass top :) [NT] - Marsha tbay - 8:04pm on 01/08/09
- Me too. No scratches. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:08pm on 01/08/09
- Me three - Lodge cast iron and Le Creuset. As long as you don't drag it on the surface, it's great! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:18am on 01/09/09
- I bought a Whirlpool with Accubake System (supposed to bake evenly) and also has a self- - wigs - 7:44pm on 01/08/09
- Hi wigs - do they all have front windows, and "180 electronic controls"?! Yikes! [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:05am on 01/09/09
- Yes, DawnNYS, mine has an oven window, & the knobs for the stovetop coil burners will all actaully - wigs - 1:48pm on 01/09/09
- We're upgrading too and have the same dilemma... - Sandra in New York - 11:12pm on 01/08/09
- Thank you - I will digest all this when I thaw out from the snow. heheh - I did manage to cook - DawnNYS - 12:30am on 01/09/09
- Here is my interpretation, Dawn - MarkinHouston - 12:54am on 01/09/09
- That's it Mark... - Sandra in New York - 1:48am on 01/09/09
- Here is a picture of what we are currently using (or so it feels like) [NT] [IMAGE] - DawnNYS - 1:11pm on 01/11/09
- That's about the same era as mine... I have an old Frigidaire double oven... can't even get service! - cheezz - 5:57pm on 01/11/09
- LOL. probably less trouble than what we now have. [NT] - AngAk - 6:09pm on 01/12/09
- AH, but don't laugh Dawn, that's what we inherited in London... - Sandra in New York - 4:41am on 01/13/09
- Clothes DRYER? I've heard of hand-cranked washing machines, but never a dryer.That'd be your workout - DawnNYS - 1:01pm on 01/13/09