Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Sweet and Salty Lemongrass Pork Chops
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #13445 at 2:05 pm on Jan 16, 2009
from Steve Raichlen. This reminds me of a teriyaki sauce. It's really good.
Sweet and Salty Lemongrass Pork Chops
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 stalks lemongrass, or 2 strips of lemon zest
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/4" to 1/2" thick
Mix together sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and pepper.
Trim lemongrass to the inner cream colored core and 3 to 4 inches long. Cut into 1" pieces and gently crush them with the side of a cleaver to release the aroma. Stir the lemongrass and garlic into the marinade. Add pork chops and turn to coat both sides. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13445. I just cleaned out the bottom shelf of my refrigerator and found some strange stuff.I guess I bought - DawnNYS - 4:46am on 01/15/09 (22)
- For the Cheese Whiz-Cheese Vegetable Chowder - Boil potatoes & chopped onion in - Melissa Dallas - 1:08pm on 01/15/09
- Your chutney may be too good for this but one of my favorite things to - Barbara in VA - 1:36pm on 01/15/09
- These are good suggestion, esp the chowder this time of year, but no more ideas? :o( [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:40pm on 01/15/09
- I use the chutney in chicken salad... a little celery, mayo, salt and pepper complete it! [NT] - cheezz - 5:11am on 01/16/09
- Make chocolate cookies or brownies with the chocolate bar - Bruschetta with the sundried tomato - Meryl - 5:17am on 01/16/09
- Chicken curry with the mango chutney. [NT] - Meryl - 5:19am on 01/16/09
- Found chicken recipes in my files using mango chutney from Ruth AB and Pat NoCal [NT] - Meryl - 5:23am on 01/16/09
- Broiled Chicken with Mango-Avocado Chutney from RuthAB - Meryl - 5:23am on 01/16/09
- Mango Curried Chicken from PatNoCal - Meryl - 5:24am on 01/16/09
- LOVE THIS!!! Thanks again Pat! Thanks for the reminder, Meryl [NT] - barb_b - 12:40pm on 01/16/09
- I'm especially stumped on the Lemon grass hearts and panca pepper sauce [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:05pm on 01/16/09
- Rec: Sweet and Salty Lemongrass Pork Chops - orchid - 2:05pm on 01/16/09
- Tom Yam Gai Recipe -- hot thai lemongrass and chicken soup [LINK] - PatBastrop - 11:35pm on 01/16/09
- This looks very good for this time of year. Thanks Pat. Thanks too, Orchid, but pork - DawnNYS - 2:17am on 01/17/09
- For the lemongrass - This is a fantastic salad - Pacific Rim Caesar Salad [LINK] - Meryl - 12:03am on 01/17/09
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup - had great reviews... [LINK] - Meryl - 12:06am on 01/17/09
- This sounds delicious - was posted by DawnNYS - Chicken Salad with Ginger Lemon Grass Dressing - Meryl - 12:10am on 01/17/09
- So THAT'S what I bought it for! A mind is a terrible thing to waste ;o) Thanks Meryl! [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:07am on 01/17/09
- Hahaha! Glad to help! [NT] - Meryl - 1:13am on 01/17/09