Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pea Soup That Died And Went To Heaven: Hydholde's Sherry Bisque
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #13507 at 3:50 pm on Jan 22, 2009
The IMAGE URL shows a restaurant in the hills west of Pittsburgh. The Hyeholde was the first <i>fancy</i> restaurant I ever dined in and this soup was my initiation into a world formerly inhabited by Campbell's canned tomato soup. Mom never drizzled sherry and whipped cream on <i>our</i> tomato soup. Her upscale version was to prepare it using a can of milk instead of a can of water.
Cynthia (hugs), also from my hometown, found the recipe and posted it at Gails [good luck finding it there.]
It takes a while to make, but the outcome is truly elegant...wonderful taste plus it freezes well. I was startled to realize the base is simply split pea soup.
The linked recipe includes my tweaks, both intentional and unintentional.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- What?! No split pea soup?! [NT] - cheezz - 4:20am on 01/22/09
- I know~ I'm bummed but hey, I have posted my fathers great pea soup here on FK [NT] - dianncy1964 - 4:21am on 01/22/09
- Yes, it's my DD's favorite -- I've made it and taken it frozen when I visit her in Austin :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:25am on 01/22/09
- Pea Soup is my absolute favorite then Minestrone then French Onion ~ Soup is great !!!! [NT] - dianncy1964 - 4:39am on 01/22/09
- unbelieveable!!! That is the same order I would put them in... then sweet potato :) [NT] - cheezz - 3:48am on 01/23/09
- Can't find it, Diane, could you re-post, please? Many thanks! [NT] - Marianne - 2:20am on 01/24/09
- Marianne, here's Diane's recipe. [LINK] - KC_ - 1:34pm on 01/24/09
- Thanks, KC, this sounds FAB, can't wait to try it next week. Have bookmarked the post for more! [NT] - Marianne - 4:02am on 01/25/09
- Pea Soup That Died And Went To Heaven: Hydholde's Sherry Bisque [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:50pm on 01/22/09
- Thanks! This looks yummy [NT] - cheezz - 2:46am on 01/15/10