Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Spinach risotto (very tasty)
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #13552 at 7:10 pm on Jan 26, 2009
I made this for dinner yesterday and even The Meat Eater (= Better Half) preferred this to his chicken!
Serves: 4 (- or two REALLY hungry people.)
1/2 pound (250g) Spinach
1 cup dry white wine (I didn't have white wine so I used really acid apple juice)
2 cups (5 dl) vegetable stock
3 oz (100 grams) butter
1 1/2 pound (325grams) Aborio rice
3 oz (100 grams) Parmesan
Sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup (1/2 deciliter) pine nuts
1. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan. Tranfer to a plate when done.
Grate the parmesa cheese and set aside.
2. Melt half the butter in a large, heavy pan.
Fry onions for five minutes until soft and transparent. Add rice and stir very well. Add wine (or acid apple juice), stirring until the rice has absorbed the liquid, then add a little stock. Continue adding stock until it has reached the consistency desired, the rice should be al dente (which means to bite), about twenty minutes (- or according to package).
3. Stir in the spinach, butter, seasoning and Parmesan. Stir until spinach is softened and butter and Parmesan has melted (2-5 minutes).
Sprinkle toasted Pine nuts on top and serve.
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 13552. REC: Spinach risotto (very tasty) - EvaN - 7:10pm on 01/26/09 (1)
- Mmmm, I love risotto and this sounds tasty, Eva. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:41pm on 01/26/09