Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How about a Frito Pie? My mom used to make this.
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #13565 at 7:26 am on Jan 28, 2009
This seems to be the most popular version of the traditional casserole. My mom's tweaks below.
3 cups Fritos corn chips
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2-1/2 cups chili (your favorite -- homemade, canned, whatever)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread 2 cups of Fritos in a baking dish. Sprinkle half the onion and half the cheese over the Fritos. Pour the chili over the onion and cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Fritos, onion and cheese over the chili.
Bake until cheese is bubbly. Serve hot.
My Mom used to start with a layer of stewed tomatoes, the Fritos, the cheese, the chili, and another layer, ending with cheese. It was a good Saturday thing.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13565. Does anyone have a recipe for a Mexican casserole (beef) that uses - Elenor - 11:09am on 01/27/09 (7)
- Not beef and no chips either, but it's tasty: Mexican Chicken Casserole [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:15am on 01/27/09
- Do you mean taco casserole? I've not made, but here's one that got great reviews at [LINK] - Curious1 - 11:33am on 01/27/09
- Here's a recipe from an early 70's Women's Day... - DJM - 5:10pm on 01/27/09
- here's my all-time fave Taco Casserole recipe - have made this about a bazillion times... - cheezz - 6:46pm on 01/27/09
- The Mexican chicken looks great but since chicken has been spoken for, will have - Elenor - 1:31am on 01/28/09
- How about a Frito Pie? My mom used to make this. - PatBastrop - 7:26am on 01/28/09
- Thanks for all of these ideas! Perfect for this weekend. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:49am on 01/28/09