Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made some roasted kale yesterday. Saw Jacques Pepin do it and it looked really good.
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #13745 at 8:57 pm on Feb 10, 2009
Sliced up the kale, drizzled with about a couple of teaspoons of olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt. Cookie sheet with a rack on it. 250° for about 30-40 minutes.
Stays green and gets really crunchy. It's more addictive than popcorn and really good for you too! He served it on top of chili but we just had it with drinks.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13745. Made some roasted kale yesterday. Saw Jacques Pepin do it and it looked really good. - CynUpstateNY - 8:57pm on 02/10/09 (7)
- I haven't made it in years, thanks for the reminder, it is yummy... [NT] - suz - 9:13pm on 02/10/09
- How about that. I just saw Crunchy Kale in the NYT. You can also roast the leaves whole ... [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 9:14pm on 02/10/09
- Pepin said that if you roast higher than 250 [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:26pm on 02/10/09
- It does--well, very very dark green. Sort of nori color. In the NYT Mag photo, - Shaun in TO - 12:05am on 02/11/09
- I was going to try some chard leaves this way- any other suggestions? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:33am on 02/11/09
- I did the NYT version last night at 350F. it did not change colour. However, I used Tuscan "black" - Shaun in TO - 4:06pm on 02/15/09
- To clarify, the Roasted Kale recipe inside the above is NOT the NYT Crunchy Kale in the link. [NT] - Shaun in TO - 4:08pm on 02/15/09