Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Then you'd love these cookies... my hubby's favorite: REC: Cocoa Krispy Cookies
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #13862 at 3:18 am on Feb 20, 2009
Cocoa Krispy Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix above with mixer until smooth. Then add
1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix just until incorporated. Then stir in by hand
2 cups Cocoa Krispy cereal [use Coco Pebbles for a more chocolatey taste]
Grease baking sheet. Heat oven to 350 degrees. With 2 spoons, drop dough about 2” apart. Bake for about 12 minutes or until barely light brown around edges. They won’t look done, but will feel dry to the touch. Let them sit on the baking sheet for a minutes before removing them to cooling racks.
NOTE: the dough freezes quite well if you want to make it ahead. Put dough into a ziploc and flatten it out before freezing.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 13862. For Meryl, especially. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:16pm on 02/19/09 (6)
- Interesting! I used to love cocoa krispies as a kid! [NT] - Meryl - 8:46pm on 02/19/09
- me too, and Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Wheats(hot cereal) [NT] - AngAk - 9:30pm on 02/19/09
- Then you'd love these cookies... my hubby's favorite: REC: Cocoa Krispy Cookies - cheezz - 3:18am on 02/20/09
- yum. I love cookies with crispy cereal mixed in. must buy cocoa krispies---haven't had those since - AngAk - 6:02pm on 02/20/09
- as someone here pointed out to me... try Coco Pebbles -- MUCH more chocolatey flavor :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:27am on 02/21/09
- I edited the recipe above to say that. [NT] - cheezz - 4:28am on 02/21/09