Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Blueberries Flambé. This was so simple and flashy!
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #14070 at 5:10 pm on Mar 8, 2009
from Anne Casales's <i>Italian Family Cooking.</i> Serves 8, but we cut the recipe in half and just eyeballed it--a pint of berries, one lemon, a big gob of preserves and a splash of congac.
2 pints blueberries
1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
1 cup blueberry preserves
1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup Cognac
Wash each pint of blueberries separately. Drain well in a strainer and blot dry with paper towels.
Scoop out ice cream into individual serving bowls and place in the freezer until needed.
In a 12-inch skittet, combine preserves, lemon zest and juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until preserves are melted, about 2 minutes. Add half of the blueberries and cook, stirring, until the berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining blueberries and mix well. Pour Cognac over blueberry mixture and ignite; shake pan until flame goes out. Remove from heat and spoon mixture over ice cream. Serve immediately.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14070. REC: Blueberries Flambé. This was so simple and flashy! - Joe - 5:10pm on 03/08/09 (4)
- Thanks, Joe. We have lots of blueberries in the freezer, and I'm sure they'll work great in this. - KC_ - 7:15pm on 03/08/09
- You're quite welcome! This really is a 10-miute recipe, tops. [NT] - Joe - 7:16pm on 03/08/09
- You can't beat a good 10-minute recipe! [NT] - KC_ - 7:39pm on 03/08/09
- That sounds great!! [NT] - Meryl - 8:59pm on 03/08/09