Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I assume y'all have a banana bread recipe but here are the recipes I use.
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #14233 at 1:25 am on Mar 26, 2009
By the way, the toasted banana bread MAKES this.
Banana Bread Recipe #225
1 cube UNSALTED BUTTER (room temperature)
1 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
3 LARGE EGGS (room temperature)
3 (really ripe) BANANAS, mashed until creamy
2 Tbsp BANANA LIQUEUR or 1 tsp BANANA EXTRACT
2 cups ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1 tsp BAKING SODA
1 tsp CINNAMON
½ tsp SALT
¾ cup SWEETENED-FLAKED COCONUT
½ cup CHOPPED WALNUTS
Position the rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter a 2 pound loaf pan, line with parchment paper, then butter the paper.
Cream butter and sugar together until light. Beat in eggs then the banana puree and liqueur or extract.
Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix in coconut and walnuts. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until they’re just mixed.
Spoon batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until tester inserted in center, comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Chipotle-Honey Peanut Butter
1 lb PEANUTS, no skins
2 Tbsp BUTTER
2 Tbsp HONEY
1 tsp KOSHER SALT
½ Tbsp CHIPOTLE POWDER
¼ tsp GARLIC POWDER
¼ tsp CHILI POWDER
1/3 cup SUGAR
2 Tbsp UNSALTED BUTTER
¼ - ½ cup PEANUT OIL
Preheat oven to 325° F. In pan large enough to hold all the nuts, melt butter, honey and salt. Add nuts and stir to coat. Transfer to a baking pan. Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes. Stirring occasionally. (Keep an eye on them, they burn easily.)
In another bowl, mix sugar and spices. When the nuts are done, pour them into the bowl with the spice mix and toss well. Shake or stir every few minutes to break clumps.
When completely cooled, put the peanuts and butter in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process. As the peanuts and butter are being processed, slowly add enough peanut oil to achieve the texture you desire. Store in the refrigerator.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14233. Let me just say this,"Homemade Honey-Chipotle Peanut Butter on Toasted Banana Bread." (Ooofah!!) [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 5:19am on 03/25/09 (18)
- OK, that's not fair. Recipe? I love Choptle. [NT] - orchid - 5:38am on 03/25/09
- OK, I should be in bed. That's Chipotle.... [NT] - orchid - 5:39am on 03/25/09
- Am I the only person here who thinks chipotles taste like licking a chimney? [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:24pm on 03/25/09
- do you, or did you ever, smoke? I've found that the people who seem most opposed - michelle - 4:19pm on 03/25/09
- No, never smoked. But one of my chores as a little kid was to wash Dad's ashtrays. Got nauseated - MarilynFL - 5:52pm on 03/25/09
- Used to smoke, don't anymore. Loved chipotles then, still love 'em today. My favorite chile. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:28am on 03/26/09
- Smoked for 30 years. Quit in '95. Love chipotles because of the smokiness. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:11am on 03/26/09
- NO you're not Marilyn, I don't care for chipotle either... [NT] - dianncy1964 - 4:21pm on 03/25/09
- I find the smokiness overwhelming. I love to be overwhelmed occasionally. I wonder if - Marg CDN - 4:26pm on 03/25/09
- Teaser! [NT] - MoNJ - 1:19pm on 03/25/09
- so, is Ooofah a good thing? [NT] - AngAk - 5:26pm on 03/25/09
- Guess Californians cant spel Scandahoovian. OffDah!!! (((Steve))) (((Ang))) [NT] - Nan - 8:33pm on 03/25/09
- Ja, fer sure. not sooo gud. [NT] - AngAk - 10:07pm on 03/25/09
- I love chipotles! Please share your PB recipe Steve! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 7:00pm on 03/25/09
- I just heard the winning Jiff recipe was a cheesesteak with a sauce containing pnut butter. $10000 [NT] - AngAk - 10:08pm on 03/25/09
- I assume y'all have a banana bread recipe but here are the recipes I use. - Steve2 in LA - 1:25am on 03/26/09
- Thanks Steve! I want to make this peanut butter and soon. In SFe they make this great raspberry - Heather_in_SF - 6:20am on 03/26/09
- I say go for it. (nt) [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:08am on 03/27/09