Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I did the roast lamb that Sylvia posted, and finished with REC: Lake Country Pear & Walnut Cake
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #1502 at 2:22 pm on Apr 17, 2006
The lamb was spectacular! Not much left for us to pick on.
This cake is always a winner, but since I had some family who are not fond of nuts, I didn't add them to the batter, but sprinkled them over half of the pan just before placing it into the oven.
* Exported from MasterCook II *
Lake Country Pear And Walnut Cake
Recipe By : Bon Appetit
Serving Size : 12
Categories : Breakfast/Brunch, Cakes,
Desserts, Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar -- firmly packed
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
5 Bartlett Pears, Ripe, Firm, Unpeeled -- cored & 1/2" cubed
1/2 Cup Toasted Walnuts -- chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F . Butter and flour 9x13-inch baking pan. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Using elecric mixer beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl until very smooth. Blend in dry ingredients. Stir in pears and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top is brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool completely.
Cut cake in pieces and serve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : For dessert, top with ice cream.
NOTES : Plain, it makes a nice brunch dish.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1502. What were some of your stand-out recipes you made for Passover or Easter? [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:35pm on 04/17/06 (13)
- REC: Baked Ham Glazed With Pineapple and Chipotle Peppers - Dawn_MO - 1:38pm on 04/17/06
- Stupidly Simple, but it was a hit. Rec: Cornbread Cake w/ Honey Bacon Butter - Michael in Phoenix - 2:08pm on 04/17/06
- I did the roast lamb that Sylvia posted, and finished with REC: Lake Country Pear & Walnut Cake - judy-mass - 2:22pm on 04/17/06
- REC: Julia Child's Braised Ham: my family might revolt if I got more creative... - Joe - 3:17pm on 04/17/06
- None. Dawn, I was going to make the Greek Roast Leg of Lamb that you made but - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:01pm on 04/17/06
- My turkey sure stood out. Poor thing must have had a miserable life because it was horrible! - Marg CDN - 9:22pm on 04/17/06
- mine was a disaster too :-( Fig and Rosemary Pork roast..... [LINK] - Randi - 9:57pm on 04/17/06
- I guess it wasn't a "total" disaster, DH asked for the sauce last night. I'm going to make ... - Randi - 4:46pm on 04/18/06
- Cheers and Jeers... - DawnNYS - 5:56pm on 04/18/06
- Ian Garten's Caramelized Shallots and Lemon Souffles for dessert. [NT] - Sylvia - 3:14am on 04/18/06
- My favorite was some sweet bread rolls from the bread machine REC inside [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 5:39am on 04/18/06
- Rec: Passover Apple Cake with Struesel - MiainMD - 12:26am on 04/19/06
- Pineapple cilantro rice posted by Deb in MI, and strawberry torte both big hits Rec>> - JadaORE - 12:30am on 04/19/06