Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Strawberry Dessert Nachos
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #14425 at 1:05 pm on Apr 11, 2009
I made these last night. They were SO good. A friend gave me the recipe, so I do not know the origninal source. She mentioned Cooking Light, but I did not find it on their site. Anyway, they were very good, and can be made in stages, and made ahead (not assembled). Hope you enjoy!
Also fun with presentation...I "tented" the tortilla's, then added a scoop of the sour cream, scattered the strawberries and then added the chocolate chips. Looked really professional. I am sure you can make your own chocolate sauce and drizzle for added effect.
Strawberry Dessert Nachos
3 cups sliced strawberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 c. amaretto
1/2 c. fat-free sour cream
1/2 c. frozen reduced calorie whipped topping, thawed (I don't use this because I don't like it and never have it on hand, I just double the sour cream and sugar)
2 T sugar (I use the crunchy turbinado sugar for this part)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
6 flour tortillas
2 t. cinnamon sugar (I just make my own)
2 T sliced almonds, roasted (I skipped these but would be good)
2 t. shaved semisweet chocolate (I used choc chips)
Combine first 3 ingredients and chill 1/2 hr. Combine sour cream, whipped topping, 2 T sugar and cinnamon. Cover and chill. Preheat oven to 400. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange on 2 baking sheets, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 400 for 7 min. or til lightly browned. Cool.
Place 8 tortilla wedges on dessert plate; top with strawberries and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14425. Rec: Strawberry Dessert Nachos - barb_b - 1:05pm on 04/11/09 (9)
- What neat idea, barb! I think I'll try this, subbing pie crust for the tortilla. - LisainLA - 3:03pm on 04/11/09
- Lisa, Let me know how it works with pie crust. Enjoy! [NT] - barb_b - 1:02am on 04/12/09
- This one's similar, and very yummy too! Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips from Allrecipes.com [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 5:52pm on 04/11/09
- Sandi, Thanks for pointing this one out...Will give it a whirl... [NT] - barb_b - 7:35pm on 04/11/09
- This is dessert Friday night. [NT] - elaine - 4:08pm on 04/28/13
- I have a question though - DawnNYS - 6:20pm on 04/11/09
- Hi Dawn, I made two seperate mixtures. One Strawberry based; the other sour cream based - barb_b - 7:34pm on 04/11/09
- Warm tortillas, cold everything else right? Thanks [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:24pm on 04/11/09
- Oh yes, of course. I can see now, after reading the whole recipe! [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:26pm on 04/11/09