Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Bon Appetit has one I've been making for years called Natchez Cookies..Rec inside.
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Posted to Thread #14487 at 2:40 am on Apr 17, 2009
* 15 (about) whole graham crackers
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
* 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/3 cups chopped toasted pecans
* 1 6 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly butter 11 x 17 inch cookie sheet.
3. Arrange graham crackers side by side, edges touching, on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Stir butter and brown sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
5. Mix in vanilla extract.
6. Increase heat and boil 1 minute.
7. Pour caramel mixture over graham crackers.
8. Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans.
9. Bake until caramel topping bubbles and turns deep brown, about 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over cookies. Cool 4 minutes.
12. Cut along graham cracker edges to separate. Carefully transfer to rack and cool completely. Cut each cookie in half.
13. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature)
14. I have kept these in my freezer and nibbled on them for a couple of weeks. They kept very well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14487. ISO does anyone remember a recipe that is like a brittle using graham cracker, make a sauce with - carol whidbey Is - 10:35pm on 04/16/09 (4)
- Here is one that sounds close. REC: Edie's Cookies - Dawn_MO - 10:39pm on 04/16/09
- Thank you thats it just couldn't remember the measurements [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 10:42pm on 04/16/09
- here's a version that CathyZ posted. lots of good ideas in the replies to her post too. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 11:37pm on 04/16/09
- Bon Appetit has one I've been making for years called Natchez Cookies..Rec inside. - CactusSue - 2:40am on 04/17/09