Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Did anyone make Meyer lemon curd? Mine is tasty, but slightly thinner than normal.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14521 at 3:13 pm on Apr 20, 2009
Same exact recipe I've been using now for years (Fine Cooking: 2 whole eggs, 2 yolks). Used a thermometer to cook to 170 degrees F.
This is the first time I've made it using Meyer lemons. Slightly less tangy, but still delicious. But I noticed it didn't set up quite as firm as the regular lemon version does.
Is this a Marilyn issue again or a function of the acidity of lemons?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14521. Did anyone make Meyer lemon curd? Mine is tasty, but slightly thinner than normal. - MarilynFL - 3:13pm on 04/20/09 (18)
- I've made lemon curd with Meyer lemons ONLY, never used any other kind of lemon. My recipe is from - Marianne - 4:04pm on 04/20/09
- Hi Marilyn, here is the recipe I always use with Meyers, it turns out fabulously - 5 eggs [LINK] - LisainLA - 4:20pm on 04/20/09
- I have used this recipe and it works great. . . - mistral - 5:13pm on 04/20/09
- Mistral, thanks again for sharing this recipe. I've never tried the lime, always Meyer lemon. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:17pm on 04/20/09
- I can't wait to try this with limes. I love to make the curd and fill little pastry tassies with it [NT] - Marianne - 6:48pm on 04/22/09
- Wish I would've made one of these Saturday instead of the nasty store bought... - Tessie in Cincy - 5:26pm on 04/20/09
- Tessie, I was actually shocked when an inn owner made us lemon meringue pie - MarilynFL - 5:37pm on 04/20/09
- I was trying to make the winning Food Networks Challenge cupcake... [LINK] - Tessie in Cincy - 5:54pm on 04/20/09
- Here's one that I have been using from Sally Scheider REC: Meyer Lemon Curd... - charlie - 6:43pm on 04/20/09
- Gay posted this one from Chez Panisse-REC: Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie... - charlie - 6:47pm on 04/20/09
- Marilyn - Do you have a lemon pudding recipe? [NT] - Tessie in Cincy - 8:19pm on 04/20/09
- No Tessie...I just stick with curd now. Either straight, blended with whipped cream or pastry cream. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:44am on 04/21/09
- Me too... Meyer lemons only... here's my fave >> - cheezz - 11:27pm on 04/20/09
- You guys are making me jealous! Never seen or tasted a Meyer lemon! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:06am on 04/21/09
- Cyn, our grocery store has a small basket out now with the rest of the citrus. $1.99 pound. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:45am on 04/21/09
- I have a dwarf tree - I'll bet one would grow nicely where you are! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:54pm on 04/21/09
- We grow Meyer lemons in two pots on our terrace, in South Alabama, near Fla panhandle. Had 54 - Marianne - 6:45pm on 04/22/09
- i just made meyer lemon curd...no problem with thickness, just (more) - daricem - 1:43am on 04/22/09