Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yo Heather, Crab Deviled Eggs from Marketbar recipe
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Posted to Thread #14871 at 6:04 pm on May 20, 2009
I just rec'd Marin Magazine and was flipping thru it and voila, they featured that recipe. How cosmic!! LOL!
6 large eggs
2 cups packed spinach leaves, well rinsed
4 oz. fresh lump crabmeat
1/4 cup good quality mayo (think TJ's wasabi mayo would work?)
1 T white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 t freshly ground pepper
Put eggs in a saucepan and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and peel the eggs. Let cool.
Place the wet spinach in a small saute pan and saute over medium heat until well wilted. Put the spinach in a tea towel and wring out all the water. Finely chop the spinach.
Cut the eggs in 1/2 lengthwise and carefully remove the yolk. Mash the yokes in a medium bowl with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon into each egg half. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made 1 day ahead of time.
Don't know what happened to the capers, the picture doesn't show them either!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14871. Yo Heather, Crab Deviled Eggs from Marketbar recipe - SusanKentfieldCa - 6:04pm on 05/20/09 (8)
- And according to their website it's served with chipotle aioli. Yum! [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:18pm on 05/20/09
- And the Marin Magazine website shows a photo of the eggs. Have you had Rustic Bakery's [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:32pm on 05/20/09
- No, I haven't had them. But the bakery is in walking distance - SusanKentfieldCa - 7:43pm on 05/20/09
- I may have to bake them soon...just love their shape. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:45pm on 05/20/09
- Ohmygoodness, Susan, you might consider driving and leaving Kobe in the car...check out the website. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:42pm on 05/20/09
- They sound like I must try them all. But I have been - SusanKentfieldCa - 5:39pm on 05/21/09
- No way! You've been able to avoid all those luscious flavors? You're goood! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:21pm on 05/21/09
- Well I don't remember the spinach but where is that aioli recipe? - Heather_in_SF - 9:30pm on 05/20/09