Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Try this with turkey: Chicken Couscous with Dried Fruit
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #14905 at 5:28 am on May 23, 2009
(Note: Heather tried this and diced the chicken instead of shredding it).
CHICKEN COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin (or more to taste)
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded roast chicken
1 cup chopped mixed dried fruits "(I used apricots and dried cranberries)"
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups couscous
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
(Salt, to taste)
Grate 1 1/2 tsp. zest from the lemons and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic and onion are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cinnamon, and then mix in the chicken, lemon zest and juice, dried fruits and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
Stir in the couscous, re-cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cilantro and toss with a fork to fluff the couscous and distribute the cilantro. Garnish with the almonds and serve.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14905. ISO I have frozen turkey tenders in the freezer and I'd like to make somthing a little - DawnNYS - 4:21am on 05/23/09 (10)
- Here's a recipe posted by DawnMO - Turkey Wraps with Chipotle Mayonnaise [LINK] - Meryl - 5:19am on 05/23/09
- Heather, take a look at this recipe for chipotle mayonnaise and - Dawn_MO - 2:40pm on 05/23/09
- Oh!!!! I just saw this! I'm going to make this for the porchetta I got today, UM! - Heather_in_SF - 6:28am on 05/31/09
- Another one from my files: Turkey Pesto Panini [LINK] - Meryl - 5:21am on 05/23/09
- Try this with turkey: Chicken Couscous with Dried Fruit [LINK] - Meryl - 5:28am on 05/23/09
- Here's Heather's review: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 5:31am on 05/23/09
- I have to say again how delicious this was! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 6:44am on 05/23/09
- Hey D, I posted one below that might work with your turkey tenders. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 3:18pm on 05/23/09
- Thanks everyone! - DawnNYS - 1:00pm on 05/25/09