Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Julia Child's Chocolate Sauce. I spent yesterday making chocolate crepes at a high school
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #1571 at 2:54 pm on Apr 23, 2006
"Multicultural" fair. Julia's sauce made it easy. It's velvety smooth and very chocolatey--so much better than the bottled stuff.
For about 2-1/2 cups
2/3 cup white corn syrup
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup unsweeteded cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 oz. (2 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
6 Tbs. unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
A big pinch of salt
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Boil the corn syrup in a small saucepan for a minute or two, until it forms heavy strands as you drop it off a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the water.
Seive the sugar and cocoa together and whisk them in. Simmer, stirring, for several seconds, until you are sure the sugar has dissolved completely--important since undissolved sugar will cause the saice to crystallize later. Add the chocolate and simmer, stirring, until melted. Blend in the butter and cream. Bring to the full boil for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and blend in the salt and vanilla.
Serve warm, or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator. Place the jar in a pan of simmering water to reheat.
From "The Way to Cook"
Other messages in this thread:
- 1571. REC: Julia Child's Chocolate Sauce. I spent yesterday making chocolate crepes at a high school - Joe - 2:54pm on 04/23/06 (20)
- Made this one several times- thanks for reminding me, Joe. I bet the crepes were a hit [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:25pm on 04/23/06
- ISO crepe recipes & ideas so post the rest please.... - Music City Missy - 7:58pm on 04/23/06
- Crepes are great for teenagers. They're fast and easy and fun to watch.... - Joe - 9:21pm on 04/23/06
- Thanks! Sounds like you had some fun yesterday.... nt [NT] - Music City Missy - 10:14pm on 04/23/06
- I did, and I'm exhausted. We went through 2 gallons of batter. [NT] - Joe - 10:21pm on 04/23/06
- 2 GALLONS!!!?? My oh my!! Your feet must hurt from all the standing! (m) - barb_b - 10:40pm on 04/23/06
- Yeah, I hope you were standing on....crepe soles, Joe...LOL [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:46pm on 04/23/06
- Prescription orthodics, though crepe soles would have helped too! - Joe - 11:36pm on 04/23/06
- Yep, 12 recipes. The cake sounds delicious! I saw something similar called "Mille Crepe" - Joe - 11:41pm on 04/23/06
- Speaking of aching feet, I found these clogs that I just love: Crocs... [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 11:42pm on 04/23/06
- Thanks, Dawn! I could use those. [NT] - Joe - 12:02am on 04/24/06
- Crocs are great but for excellent clogs get Dansko. [NT] - Durward - 3:24am on 04/24/06
- Amen. God's gift to teachers and everyone else on their feet all day. ;-) [NT] - ErininIsrael - 10:47am on 04/24/06
- NFRC: I've seen these at the shoe store. They make them in kid sizes. - MiainMD - 3:32am on 04/24/06
- I found "Klogs" at a nurses' store and will never wear anything else... - sandra-in-london - 10:47am on 04/24/06
- Ooohhh! Now I've got crepes on the mind! REC: Sweet Lemon Crespelle - RuthAB - 1:34am on 04/25/06
- REC: Normandy Wraps with Calvados Apples and Crème Fraîche - RuthAB - 2:22am on 04/25/06
- Ruth, these both sound wonderful. Thanks for posting. [NT] - Joe - 3:45pm on 04/25/06
- One of my favorite appliances -Crepe Maker - starburst - 4:01pm on 04/25/06
- From Julia Child to footwear---interesting turn to this post! But good info in all of it. [NT] - AngAk - 10:32pm on 04/24/06