Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just made the most delicious Pimento Cheese. Had not made it in years
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #14962 at 11:21 pm on May 28, 2009
I used the old method like my mom used to and put the cheese through a grinder instead of grating (except my kitchen-aid one is electric and not hand-crank). Used 1 pound sharp cheddar, half pound of pepper-jack, a 4 oz can of diced roasted green chiles, a big diced roasted red pepper-about 8 oz and a couple of tablespoons of onion that I also put through the grinder. Mayo to bind. Now I need to go get more peppers & some good rustic bread. My favorite summer sandwich - A thick slice of rustic bread cooked in the oven on low until very crunchy topped open face with mayo, pimento cheese and completely covered with another big piece of roasted red pepper. Yum!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14962. I just made the most delicious Pimento Cheese. Had not made it in years - Melissa Dallas - 11:21pm on 05/28/09 (5)
- This sounds like a great snack! - judy-mass - 1:25am on 05/29/09
- No difference. My countertops don't have an overhang to clamp a hand grinder - Melissa Dallas - 1:37am on 05/29/09
- Congratulations, Mel...you managed to cure a childhood phobia with one recipe - MarilynFL - 5:27pm on 05/29/09
- The homemade & commercial stuff don't have much in common, especially lately. - Melissa Dallas - 9:12pm on 05/29/09
- Pate of the South! Yummy.... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 6:45am on 05/31/09