Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Creole Potato Salad. For those who like mustard in potato salad. Really yummy recipe. I used
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #14996 at 5:43 pm on Jun 1, 2009
Zatarains Creole mustard. I made the recipe scaled to 2 lbs potatoes and it still made a lot.
Creole Potato Salad (Neelys)
3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed well and cubed
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Creole mustard (recommended: Zatarains)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Place the cubed potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil. Cook potatoes until they are fork tender. Drain in a colander and let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Once cool, add potatoes to a large bowl. Add chopped onions, celery, and garlic. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
4 to 6 servings
Link: The Neely's Creole Potato Salad
Other messages in this thread:
- 14996. Rec: Creole Potato Salad. For those who like mustard in potato salad. Really yummy recipe. I used [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:43pm on 06/01/09 (8)
- Not sure I've seen this mustard. Would you mind describing it please? [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:50pm on 06/01/09
- Marg, I checked the ingredient list and am surprised to see it's only water, distilled vinegar, [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:05pm on 06/01/09
- Thank you. I love Dijon grainy. So we'll start with that. [NT] - Marg CDN - 6:28pm on 06/01/09
- This potato salad looks really good. But, we don't have Vidalia onions here. What can I use instead? [NT] - EvaN - 10:07pm on 06/01/09
- I would think any sweet onion would be fine. [NT] - Meryl - 10:14pm on 06/01/09
- I agree with Meryl. I'd even use red onions, but I love onions. You just don't want a really - Curious1 - 5:42pm on 06/02/09
- This is just how I do mine, except I do mayo/sour cream half and half - doesn't soak in so much [NT] - cheezz - 2:53am on 06/02/09
- Ooh, I drooled when I watched this show. Thanks for the report. [NT] - Marianne - 3:40am on 06/03/09