Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #15051 at 1:26 am on Jun 7, 2009
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
"A cool strawberry gelatin salad with a cream cheese middle and pretzel crust."
Yield: 10 servings
Ready in 1 Hr 45 Min
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
3 cups strawberries, chilled
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream butter or margarine with the brown sugar. Mix in the pretzels and pat mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 buttered pan.
3. In a medium bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir in the strawberries. Chill until partially thickened.
4. In a small bowl beat the cream cheese and white sugar together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread mixture over the top of the cooled crust, making sure to seal the edges. Chill then pour the gelatin mixture over he cream cheese layer. Chill until firm.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 15051. Strawberries... oh my! Favorite recipes requested! - mboley - 7:48pm on 06/06/09 (31)
- REC: Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 7:55pm on 06/06/09
- Meryl, when you put it into the spring-form pan, so you make a graham cracker crust under it? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:48pm on 06/15/09
- Yes. [NT] - Meryl - 8:08pm on 06/29/09
- REC: Strawberry Bread - Meryl - 7:55pm on 06/06/09
- REC: Strawberry Coffee Cake - Meryl - 7:56pm on 06/06/09
- REC: Strawberry Charlotte Russe - Meryl - 7:57pm on 06/06/09
- REC: Mock Strawberries Romanoff - Meryl - 7:58pm on 06/06/09
- REC: Raspberry (or Strawberry) Fool - Meryl - 8:02pm on 06/06/09
- My strawberry pie recipe and make a spinach salad - SusanKentfieldCa - 8:05pm on 06/06/09
- Lemon Almond Cake with Balsamic Strawberries - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:41pm on 06/06/09
- See mine at 15033.1. Best strawberry recipe I've ever had! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:37pm on 06/06/09
- mix 1/3rd cup br sugar w/ 1 cup sour cream then just sit and dip... eat... repeat until gone [NT] - cheezz - 1:21am on 06/07/09
- REC: Strawberry Pretzel Salad - cheezz - 1:26am on 06/07/09
- REC: Strawberry Spinach Salad - cheezz - 1:27am on 06/07/09
- Dawn_MO, didn't you have a similar one? I'd never heard of this before - interesting! Must try [NT] - DawnNYS - 3:22am on 06/12/09
- Yum, a fav but I never mixed the brown sugar and s. cream... - MariaDNoCA - 3:45am on 06/07/09
- Strawberry Lemonade - MariaDNoCA - 3:51am on 06/07/09
- made it for church munchies today and it just FLEW off the table... big hit! [NT] - cheezz - 10:41pm on 06/07/09
- p.s. my girlfriend grew up with it stirred into the fruit, so the sauce turned kinda pink [NT] - cheezz - 10:42pm on 06/07/09
- Yum, another oldy but goody from Betty Crocker. Good with grapes, too. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:14pm on 06/08/09
- Another Strawberry Spinach Salad - MariaDNoCA - 3:41am on 06/07/09
- REC: Strawberry Chicken Salad - MariaDNoCA - 3:55am on 06/07/09
- REC: Fruit Pizza - MariaDNoCA - 7:53am on 06/07/09
- Another great dip: Yogurt, honey, lime zest and fresh mint..... - Barbara in VA - 1:00pm on 06/07/09
- Lucky you! I'll think of some, just give me time! I've got to - DawnNYS - 1:49pm on 06/07/09
- Sigh - I think I'm too late. Only have a few berries, but they are very sweet. REC Yogurt Smoothie - DawnNYS - 3:36am on 06/12/09
- Don't forget strawberry milkshakes! - Heather_in_SF - 3:32pm on 06/07/09
- Or strawberry smoothies- ice, skim milk maybe some mint or a banana. Yum! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:19pm on 06/07/09
- You mean what doesn't get eaten hand over fist right out of the carton? [NT] - aajay - 8:24pm on 06/07/09
- Thanks everyone! - mboley - 3:55pm on 06/09/09
- I just saw this - so glad you liked the Strawberry Cream Pie! [NT] - Meryl - 3:29am on 06/12/09