Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Misplaced in AZ||
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #3 at 12:08 pm on Dec 10, 2005
Found this recipe on Recipezaar. I am planning to make these tomorrow.
14 doz. bugles
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (room temperture)
6 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
12 ozs. milk chocolate confectionary coating
(or see note below for substitute for milk chocolate_
1. Fill plastic food bag with peanut butter.
2. Cut small hole in corner of bag.
3. Twist open end of bag tight and carefully pipe peanut butter into the Bugles.
4. Do not overfill or the filling will leak out.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir.
6. Heat 1-1/2 minutes longer or until melted; stir until smooth.
7. Chocolate can also be melted on top of a double boiler.
8. Dip the peanut butter filled end of each Bugle halfway into the chocolate coating.
9. Place on waxed paper to dry.
10. NOTE: You can also use chocolate chips melted with 2 tsp. of shortening to dip the bugles. If chocolate needs rewarming while dipping, place in microwave for a few seconds, till smooth.
My Note: This seems like a lot of work, but it was rated very highly.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3. And now, on with the recipes! ISO the Christmas Cookie recipes you make every year.... - Mimi - 1:52pm on 12/09/05 (43)
- REC: Cathedral Windows - Mimi - 1:53pm on 12/09/05
- REC: Judy's Nut Balls - Mimi - 1:54pm on 12/09/05
- Rec: Martha's Lime Meltaways... yum - DawnNYS - 3:49pm on 12/09/05
- ISO I think they call them Russian Tea Cakes, but more like a - DawnNYS - 12:36pm on 12/14/05
- Fruit Bars - Music City Missy - 5:31pm on 12/09/05
- Rec: Butterballs aka Snowballs - Pat-NoCal - 8:38pm on 12/09/05
- I second the Snowball Cookie recipe! - Gayle_n_MO - 9:16pm on 12/09/05
- Rec: No-Mix Layer Bars, not really a cookie, more of a bar, but it's not the holidays for me (more) - Pat-NoCal - 8:47pm on 12/09/05
- Me Too, Pat- and Hi everybody!! - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:30pm on 12/10/05
- Hi Cathy, yes, aren't they the best?! Can you send me an email, I lost your addy in a 'puter crash. - Pat-NoCal - 1:02pm on 12/10/05
- You betcha- I wondered what happened to you! NT [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:47pm on 12/10/05
- I got busy with the new job at the restaurant, then the 'puter crashed. I look fwd to catching up. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:37pm on 12/10/05
- REC: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - MariaDNoCA - 11:12pm on 12/09/05
- Softer Sugar Cookies - MariaDNoCA - 11:21pm on 12/09/05
- REC: Gramma's Gingersnaps - Dawn_MO - 10:58am on 12/10/05
- REC: Melting Moments - Dawn_MO - 11:00am on 12/10/05
- Oh, these are TDF! Here are frosting ideas... - Friday - 3:54pm on 12/10/05
- REC: my favorite Sugar Cookies - Mimi - 11:24am on 12/10/05
- REC: Peanut Blossoms (my kids absolutely must have these) - Mimi - 11:25am on 12/10/05
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles - Misplaced in AZ - 12:08pm on 12/10/05
- Oh good grief. I have to try this. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:58pm on 12/10/05
- So nice to see you here, Cathy Z!! NT [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:43pm on 12/11/05
- thank you Deb! It is great to see you here too- and I am ecstatic about Mimi's site! (nt) [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:35pm on 12/11/05
- This is the one I would make if I only could make ONE kind REC - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:33pm on 12/10/05
- Cathy - what is mapeline? n/t [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:43pm on 12/10/05
- Mapeline is a concentrated maple flavored liquid sort of like vanilla (nt) [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:23pm on 12/10/05
- Thanks! n/t [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:57pm on 12/12/05
- Maria, I found Mapleine today at Safeway, it's an imitation maple extract made by.... - Pat-NoCal - 6:24pm on 12/12/05
- Quad L Chocolate Layer Bars - OrigCyn - 3:14pm on 12/10/05
- Mocha Mountains - OrigCyn - 3:16pm on 12/10/05
- These sound scrumptious - thank you.. - deb-in-MI - 2:45pm on 12/11/05
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies - Friday - 3:57pm on 12/10/05
- I love these- Italian Fig Cookies - CynUpstateNY - 7:03pm on 12/10/05
- I call these butter cookies "Popcorn cookies" because you can't eat just one and they are delicious. - Gail_in_FL - 10:53pm on 12/10/05
- A festive, very pretty and tasty cookie for Christmas: Christmas Wreaths - Gail_in_FL - 10:59pm on 12/10/05
- If you want a post deleted, let me know. [NT] - Mimi - 7:58am on 12/11/05
- A festive, very pretty and tasty cookie for Christmas: Christmas Wreaths - Gail_in_FL - 11:12pm on 12/10/05
- REC: Rum-And-Raisin Cookies - RuthAB - 12:34pm on 12/11/05
- YOOHOO! ISO Susan/TN! Please post your fruitcake cookies for these nice folks! [NT] - Friday - 1:48pm on 12/11/05
- Rec: Hazelnut Brown Butter Shortbread - RuthSF - 1:44am on 12/12/05
- REC: Princess Gems - Dawn_MO - 10:06am on 12/12/05
- A truly WONDERFUL Gingerbread Cookie recipe inside. (m) - Michael in Phoenix - 11:25am on 12/15/05
- REC: Cranzer Torte Bars - RuthAB - 7:05pm on 12/18/05