Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Delicious Coconut Buns
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #15245 at 4:14 am on Jun 24, 2009
Delicious Coconut Buns (Hawaiian)
1 Bag Frozen Dinner Rolls
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 Can of Water
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Follow directions for frozen dinner rolls. Let rolls rise in a 13" X 9" cake pan. In a quart sauce pan, mix coconut milk, water and sugar. In a small bowl, mix corn starch and a few tablespoons of cold water till all clumps are gone.
Bring the coconut sauce to a boil then add the cornstarch mixture. Simmer for about 3 minutes (sauce will thicken a little), then remove sauce from heat.
Bake rolls. After 10 minutes take out rolls and pour the coconut sauce over the rolls till 1/2 to 3/4 of each bun is covered in sauce.
Put the rolls back in the oven and continue baking the rolls with the sauce until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
Remove pan and allow a few minuites to cool. Serve warm.
Left over sauce can be used to smother rolls when served individually or for a second pan of Pani Popo
Substitutes: You can use any dinner roll recipe instead of the bag of frozen rolls.
However, if you have never made bread before, you'll find the frozen rolls are very easy in comparison.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 15245. ISO App Idea: Hawaiin/Luau-ish type apps - Tess - 7:51pm on 06/23/09 (22)
- Check these out: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 8:22pm on 06/23/09
- Here's a great-sounding fruit platter from my files: Hawaiian Fruit Platter... - Meryl - 8:24pm on 06/23/09
- Cocnut rice might be nice, as for an app... - suz - 9:13pm on 06/23/09
- how about Fresh Spring rolls. not really Hawaiian, but seems to fit. [NT] - AngAk - 10:42pm on 06/23/09
- and don't forget the Spam sushi. [NT] - AngAk - 11:17pm on 06/23/09
- HA! [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:22am on 06/24/09
- now don't "HA" too loudly--I'm having some this trip, yes I am. [NT] - AngAk - 5:17am on 06/24/09
- Sorry Ang, I thought you made that up. I never heard of spam sushi. [NT] - FloriSandy - 11:46am on 06/24/09
- Oh yes, very real but I haven't tried it----yet. Pres Obama favors Spam musubi [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:24pm on 06/24/09
- That's just too much - LOL. Actually, I used to prefer it sliced and fried on buttered - FloriSandy - 6:32pm on 06/24/09
- last trip to hawaii I tried the breakfast with spam. this time it's the sushi. be brave. [NT] - AngAk - 6:40pm on 06/24/09
- you got it Sandi -thin sliced and fried! [NT] - cheezz - 11:11pm on 06/24/09
- some nice pictures here [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:38pm on 06/24/09
- They look like blackboard erasers. Yummy [NT] - Marg CDN - 8:20pm on 06/24/09
- my thought too---I would choose the hand rolls. [NT] - AngAk - 8:47pm on 06/24/09
- Don't forget the pineapple chunks on the kabobs.... my favorite part!! [NT] - cheezz - 4:11am on 06/24/09
- or.... Pineapple Bacon Rollups - cheezz - 4:12am on 06/24/09
- Tess, for a work luau we had for the kids, I made fruit kabobs displayed on a watermellon. - MarilynFL - 11:42am on 06/24/09
- This is a great book to buy, just for the luau centerpiece [LINK] - MoNJ - 12:55pm on 06/24/09
- Thanks everyone for the info -- I'm pouring thru the sites and I've already got a list a mile long! [NT] - Tess - 3:55pm on 06/26/09