Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Asparagus spears wrapped in pancetta, with cream cheese. This is a take-off on a recipe that Sylvia
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #15262 at 9:38 pm on Jun 24, 2009
posted at 14995. I've been playing with this and served it to guests last week. They just couldn't stop eating it.
I chopped garlic and chives into softened cream cheese, spread the cheese onto one slice of pancetta per spear. I wrapped that around the top end of slightly steamed, fat, delicious spears of asparagus. Onto the Q at low heat for about 4 minutes per side (2 sides).
It's a terrific hors d'oeuvre or an appetizer.
The pancetta gets crispy and if sliced thin enough to wrap easily yet not so thin that there are holes in it, the cheese stays in well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15262. Asparagus spears wrapped in pancetta, with cream cheese. This is a take-off on a recipe that Sylvia - Marg CDN - 9:38pm on 06/24/09 (6)
- Marg, this sounds positively divoon. I've got a bunch of asparagus - Richard in Cincy - 10:27pm on 06/24/09
- La nourriture des anges. Merci. - Richard in Cincy - 12:45am on 06/25/09
- Glad you enjoyed it. I'm trying it tonight with proscuitto. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:30pm on 06/25/09
- aw.... go all the way and sub mascarpone for the cream cheese. [NT] - rvb - 1:19am on 06/25/09
- so Marg is only going to get to second base with cream cheese? [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:00am on 06/26/09
- **snort** [NT] - AngAk - 1:36am on 06/26/09