Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
cheezz

REC: Quiche Supreme - my favorite T&T

Veteran Member
13617 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #15275 at 11:51 pm on Jun 26, 2009

Patty's Quiche Supreme

Note:
The eggs/milk/cheese mixture is the basic quiche – from there you can get as creative as you want, or leftovers in the fridge dictate.

6 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz ham, julienned, or 4 strips bacon, or your own choice of meat
1-1/2 cups cheese, shredded (any combo of your choice: swiss, fontina, havarti)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or Mexi-blend shredded cheese
2 green onions, green part sliced or 1 leek, sliced
Two 9” crusts, homemade or purchased

Blend or whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in the 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Set aside.

In a med-hot skillet, sauté ham, bacon (or your choice of meat) until browned. Remove to bowl (if using bacon, crumble it).

Brush crusts with thin layer of softened margarine or butter. Evenly distribute into the 2 crusts the ham (or bacon), cheddar (or Mexi-blend) and green onion. Stir the milk/egg mixture one last time and distribute evenly into the 2 crusts.

Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 325 degrees for about 40 min. or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.

Note: you can add any kind of variations to this you want - add roasted vegetables like asparagus, etc.

My favorite variation:

Brown bacon, remove it from the skillet, then throw into the skillet, a bunch of sliced asparagus, 1/2 of a red bell pepper chopped, and a sliced leek. Saute until asparagus begins to soften and there is no liquid in the pan. Toss together with the bacon before putting into crusts.

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!

Other messages in this thread: