Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
Yes, I've done it - the cherries and the knife! My husband kindly cleaned the blood off the walls.
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #15404 at 9:42 pm on Jul 7, 2009
I make brandied cherries every year. I just layer cherries and sugar (approx. double layer of cherries, 2 tbs sugar), then cover with brandy. Shake occasionally for a couple of days to dissolve the sugar, then I store it at the back of the cupboard until Christmas. We serve it as a liqueur, with a couple of cherries in the glass and cover with brandy. I like the idea of the vanilla bean.
I'm so sorry about your hand - I hope it heals quickly. I can guarantee you that you will never try to catch a knife again.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15404. Tons of cheap cherries. I'd like to brandy some, maybe with a vanilla bean in the jar - CynUpstateNY - 8:27pm on 07/07/09 (15)
- BTW- Never try to catch a falling chef's knife. Six stiches! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:32pm on 07/07/09
- Wow, Cyn. Hope you're ok--heal soon! I've reached for one, more than once. :( [NT] - ErininNY - 8:45pm on 07/07/09
- Aieee! Cyn! Hope you're all right! [NT] - Meryl - 8:57pm on 07/07/09
- Oh Cyn, I'm so sorry. That's one of my fears, it's instinct to try to catch a falling object. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:49pm on 07/07/09
- ouchie! some brandy for the patient. [NT] - AngAk - 6:38am on 07/08/09
- Too bad... feel better soon! I know how awkward that makes it to do things. [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:18pm on 07/08/09
- OUCH! I never try to catch anything falling anymore, learned the hard way! [NT] - Sandra in New York - 1:49am on 07/10/09
- Yes, I've done it - the cherries and the knife! My husband kindly cleaned the blood off the walls. - Lana in FL - 9:42pm on 07/07/09
- Oops. So sorry about your hand. If you don't have a pitter use a chopstick to - Melissa Dallas - 12:33am on 07/08/09
- Good tip, Melissa- do you leave the stems on yours? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:13pm on 07/08/09
- I made a jar last year. Just pitted and put in a big jar and added lots of sugar and brandy to - Melissa Dallas - 12:31am on 07/08/09
- And we like "Cherry Bounce". Don't know where the name came from, but - KC_ - 12:48am on 07/08/09
- We make that too and call it "wild cherry bounce" - wekick - 3:21am on 07/08/09
- Thanks for the info and the good wishes, folks. I'm fine! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:21am on 07/08/09
- Something to have with the brandy? Cherry-Berry Pie from Food&Wine this month [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:34am on 07/08/09