Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I made the best pecan struesel coffee cakes today. I actually started out to make
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #15643 at 1:46 am on Jul 27, 2009
plum kuchen but when I had everything almost ready to go and started to cut up the fruit it was way overripe & icky, so I punched the dough down & stuck it in the fridge to regroup. I had a couple of cans of Solo filling in the pantry that had been there forever and when I opened them they were old, so that was out too. Ended up just pressing 1/4 of the dough into each of two deep 9" round buttered cake pans, topping with a little struesel, pressing the rest of the dough on top and liberally topping with streusel & tiny native pecan halves. Baked about 30 minutes and they are beautiful and great. Wouldn't have started this project & turned on the oven though if I hadn't thought I was making plum kuchen...
Other messages in this thread:
- 15643. I made the best pecan struesel coffee cakes today. I actually started out to make [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 1:46am on 07/27/09 (7)
- Meant to say I let rise again before baking [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:47am on 07/27/09
- Melissa - you can always go back and edit the body of your message -- click on your message - cheezz - 12:04am on 07/28/09
- My Dad's favorite cake was my Mom's Streusel Kuchen---which is simply just what you made. - AngAk - 8:32pm on 07/27/09
- If you ever get nostalgic this is a really nice kuchen dough. I stopped pretty close to - Melissa Dallas - 2:28pm on 07/29/09
- I had already printed it out. thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 6:23pm on 07/29/09
- This is in the oven, right now. :) The dough rose beautifully, and it smells great! [NT] - ErininNY - 8:41pm on 08/01/09
- Update: it tastes excellent. Really hearty dough! Will try it for cinnamon rolls (w/ plums?), next. [NT] - ErininNY - 9:51pm on 08/01/09