Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
I looove these cookies! REC: Butterscotch Wafers
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #1649 at 7:19 pm on Apr 29, 2006
At home, I'm the baker and hubby's the cook, but there's one cookie that is his, all his.
It's from a cooking class that he took when he was very young, and the recipe is on a yellowed, stained index card. It's the only cookie he ever makes, and when he does, I hoard them and do not share :)
I've never made them myself, and probably never will. They're his.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 well beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 325º.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in sugar and mix well.
Remove from heat, then stir in eggs and sifted ingredients. Fold in chopped nuts. (He used macadamia nuts the last time, usually uses pecans.)
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet (he probably used the silpats) and bake for 13-15 minutes.
I love these when they're crunchy, so I'd go for the longer time.
We always have dark brown sugar, so I'm sure he uses that, and I love the brown-sugary-very-buttery flavor of these thin, crunchy cookies.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1649. I looove these cookies! REC: Butterscotch Wafers - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:19pm on 04/29/06 (5)
- YUM! It's rainy & I have all the ingredients... - Music City Missy - 6:48pm on 04/30/06
- WINNER! Couple of suggestions.... - Music City Missy - 9:31pm on 04/30/06
- Made these today.........yummy! > - KarenNoCA - 11:52pm on 04/30/06
- Glad you both liked them! And will tell hubby about the parchment paper - thanks! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:01am on 05/02/06
- DH has almost made himself sick eating these... - Music City Missy - 8:49pm on 05/02/06