Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Chipotle and Maple Pork Tenderloin (wow - this was fantastic!)
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #15689 at 4:46 pm on Jul 30, 2009
The Canadian Liquor Board puts out a beautiful, glossy foodie magazine (free) and my Canadian friends always grab an extra one for me and gifts me with them when we see each other. This recipe came from one of the mags and it will now be a staple in our home.
Chipotle and Maple Pork Tenderloin
2 small canned chipotle peppers
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. adobo sauce (from can of peppers)
1 T. dried thyme
1 porker tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
In blender or small food grinder, puree chipotle, maple syrup, mustard adobo sauce and thyme until smooth. Set half of the sauce aside. Pour remaining sauce over pork tenderloin in a shallow dish and turn to coat well.
Place tenderloins in 400F oven for about 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160F ("hell no" says moi. We take ours out by 130/35F and then let it rest.) Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with reserved sauce.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15689. REC: Chipotle and Maple Pork Tenderloin (wow - this was fantastic!) - deb-in-MI - 4:46pm on 07/30/09 (7)
- Isn't that a nice combo? I have a very similar recipe I've made often. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:24pm on 07/30/09
- I'm all about the Chipotle! This looks fantastic. Thanks [NT] - orchid - 5:25pm on 07/30/09
- and what did we eat with this Deb? [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:28pm on 07/30/09
- Gnocchi (sp?) that I pan sauted a tad - deb-in-MI - 11:49pm on 07/30/09
- Oy - can't spell tonight. "Sauteed" (is that right? :) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:50pm on 07/30/09
- Ooh, Deb, this sounds wonderful! Wow! Thanks for sharing it! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 5:50pm on 07/30/09
- Thanks Deb, this sounds wonderful and we LOVE pork tenderloins! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 1:32pm on 07/31/09