Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Symphony brownies - still wonderful!
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #15838 at 2:37 pm on Aug 12, 2009
I haven't made these in several years but wanted something chocolatey for the canoe trip. I forgot how amazing they are (or maybe I was so stressed from canoeing that anything chocolate would have been just as good ;o)
Mix up your favorite brownie mix (you can use a 8x8" size recipe but I used a 9x13" size for thicker, cake-like brownies). Spread half of the batter into a well greased 8x8" pan. Top with two big Hershey's Symphony candy bars, plain or with almonds and toffee (I used the 4.25 oz size this last time but the 7 oz size bars are even better!) Cover with the remaining brownie batter and bake for the amount of time your recipe requires - you probably will need 10 to 15 minutes additional for the center to be done. Cool. Slice into 1" squares and serve warm.
I have used other chocolate bars in the center of these brownies but the Symphony bars are really the best - the chocolate layer remains melty at room temperature.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15838. Symphony brownies - still wonderful! - colleenmomof2 - 2:37pm on 08/12/09 (13)
- I love these too! Now I know what I'm going to bake tonight! [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 5:05pm on 08/12/09
- I have to ask... - Richard in Cincy - 11:05pm on 08/12/09
- hey Richard..... if every you want to toss that cake stand.... let me know! [NT] - cheezz - 4:13am on 08/13/09
- Not a chance! I am a total brute when it comes to my PDG collection. - Richard in Cincy - 4:53am on 08/13/09
- I love the pink depression glass. So pretty. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:19pm on 08/13/09
- ...collecting dust!! I'd promise to take good care of it :) [NT] - cheezz - 8:36pm on 08/13/09
- It's milk chocolate with toffee and almonds, They make a plain one also, but I like the almond one - GeorgiaRose - 5:15pm on 08/13/09
- The thick Symphony chocolate remains melty at room temperature - colleenmomof2 - 12:34pm on 08/14/09
- wonder if there is a dark chocolate that remains melty at room temp? [NT] - cheezz - 5:20pm on 08/14/09
- I think you should experiment and post your results. :-) - LisainLA - 5:35pm on 08/14/09
- my hips and arteries say NO NO NO but my mouth says YES YES YES [NT] - cheezz - 6:12pm on 08/14/09
- She had me at "melty". [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:06pm on 08/14/09
- LOL! Mar you are too funny. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:45am on 08/15/09