Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
FloriSandy

Here's another one orchid. Rec: Chicken with Lemon Sauce

Veteran Member
3841 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #15842 at 12:19 am on Aug 13, 2009

Sandy/PA: REC: Chicken with Lemon Sauce. I used skinless thighs for this deeelicious, easy to make, and inexpensive dinner (m)

Sandy/PA: REC: Chicken with Lemon Sauce. I used skinless thighs for this deeelicious, easy to make, and inexpensive dinner (m)
Posted: Sep 21, 2005 12:36 PM

My notes: Im enjoying a micro waved leftover of this right now for lunch. I was able to fit seven large skinless thighs in my 13 x 9 inch baking dish. I used canola oil and one tsp. of dried tarragon. I had to use two lemons to make the 1/4
cup of juice. I served this with my favorite Uncle Bens Long Grain & Wild Rice (Original Recipe) and jarred Belgian Carrots warmed with a bit of butter and parsley.

From The Relaxed Hostess A Cookbook for Many Occasions by Ann Seranne Dog Museum of America

Chicken with Lemon Sauce Serves 4. Serve with Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin and Sautied Red Peppers. 4 servings

chicken: wings with breasts or legs and thighs.
2 tbs. cooking oil
Yellow rind, thinly sliced, and juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup)
1-inch chunk fresh ginger root, shredded
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. coarsely cracked pepper
1 tsp. crumbled tarragon or oregano
1/2 tsp. salt

1. Wash chicken, discard wing tips, and set aside on paper towels to dry.

2. Pour oil in 13 x 9-inch oven-to- table baking dish and place over low heat. Roll the chicken parts in the oil and arrange them skin side up in the pan.

3. Sprinkle lemon rind and juice, ginger, garlic, pepper, herb, and salt over the chicken. Cover with foil and refrigerate until about 1 hour before cooking.

4. To cook, preheat oven to 4250 F. Remove foil from chicken and bake in the hot oven for 25 minutes. Turn each piece of chicken and bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated. Spoon any juices over the chicken and serve from the baking dish.

Other messages in this thread: