Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Not sure if you mean fresh or smoked, but this recipe uses both >
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #202 at 4:31 pm on Dec 22, 2005
from BISTRO by Gerald Hirogoyen (Sunset Books)
13 oz fresh slamon fillet, skin removed
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter, very soft
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbs. fresh chives
7 oz smoked salmon (the lox type) cut into small pieces
Buttered, toasted baguette slices
Salt and pepper the salmon fillet and steam until just opaque throughout. Let cool and shred with a fork.
Whisk the butter and eggs together. (It may look a little curdled.) Stir in lemon juice, chives and both salmons. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the mixture into a terrine or individual ramekins and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Note: About the raw eggs, I usually use much more lemon juice for the acidity and flavor. Still, this shouldn't sit around at room temperature all day.
Other messages in this thread:
- 202. ISO good appetizer ideas for one-pound gift of wild Scottish salmon. nt [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 3:22pm on 12/22/05 (10)
- Not sure if you mean fresh or smoked, but this recipe uses both > - Joe - 4:31pm on 12/22/05
- Thanks Joe! It's vacuum-sealed smoked salmon, sliced thin nt [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 7:19pm on 12/22/05
- If it's the raw type, this should work. Are you the same >> - Joe - 7:49pm on 12/22/05
- Ooooh-la-la! Another tartlet challenge! Yep, that's me. This looks very good. (m) - Sandy_in_Philly - 8:42pm on 12/22/05
- Smoked salmon in cucumber cups - Durward - 9:07pm on 12/22/05
- Salmon Canapes >>> - Meryl - 9:10pm on 12/22/05
- Salmon Canapes - THE RECIPE :) >>>>> - Meryl - 9:13pm on 12/22/05
- In the favorite recipes here there is a good smoked salmon cheesecake appetizer. nice. [NT] - AngAk - 10:37pm on 12/22/05
- Smoked Salmon And Cream Cheese Spirals - AngAk - 11:06pm on 12/22/05
- Decisions, decisions.... Thanks so much everyone for these great looking recipes! [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 2:17pm on 12/23/05