Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I bet you could handle this one in the morning REC German Apple Pancakes
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #1689 at 12:01 am on May 5, 2006
This is a T&T REC made in two cake pans in the oven. Very easy to make, very delicious to eat!
GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES ( Serves 4)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
2 apples, cooking type, sliced thinly
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Heat oven to 400°. Place 2 round layer cake pans in oven. Beat eggs, flour, milk and salt in mixer bowl at medium speed (or in food processor) for 1 minute.
Remove pans from oven and place 2 T butter in each. Rotate pans until butter melts and coats sides of pans.
Arrange half of apple slices in each pan. Divide batter evenly between pans. Mix sugar and cinnamon, and divide between the pans.
Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Serve with syrup, applesauce, powdered sugar or fruit.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1689. I'm not good about mornings and I'm not great at baking so I'm wondering>>> - orchid - 7:31pm on 05/04/06 (37)
- You could make the muffin mixture that you leave in the fridge - Durward - 8:03pm on 05/04/06
- What's a bran muffin? [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:03pm on 05/04/06
- Oh gees, I don't mean what is a bran muffin - I know what one is - lol, but what are you referring.. - DawnNYS - 9:14pm on 05/04/06
- rec: 6 week bran muffins - AngAk - 1:33am on 05/05/06
- If you don't care for raisins you can make it with Bran Buds. [NT] - Durward - 4:32pm on 05/06/06
- I can share my healthy muffin recipe with you; gives you many fruits & veggies. - Marsha tbay - 8:34pm on 05/04/06
- Sure, I love new recipes. What I really want to know is if I can prepare the batter>>> - orchid - 8:40pm on 05/04/06
- Simple brain I have, I forgot too, to say, I make them all 1 day and freeze them. more.. - Marsha tbay - 8:48pm on 05/04/06
- And, yes, you could make them and bake them in the AM. The ingredients are fresh, more - Marsha tbay - 8:50pm on 05/04/06
- Great, thanks. I also freeze them after baked to use later. It's just that morning thing! [NT] - orchid - 8:55pm on 05/04/06
- Orchid, it might even make them better/lighter... giving the baking soda a chance "to do it's thing" [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:07pm on 05/04/06
- You just made my day! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. What about the scones. - orchid - 9:26pm on 05/04/06
- I would think so, if it's got baking soda or baking powder in there. - DawnNYS - 9:48pm on 05/04/06
- Yep they do...that's great, thanks! [NT] - orchid - 10:06pm on 05/04/06
- What about the souffles that overnight in the frig ready to bake in the morning? Not muffins, but [NT] - Marg CDN - 9:22pm on 05/04/06
- That would be great except I've never made a souffles. Do you have>>> - orchid - 9:31pm on 05/04/06
- Up in favorites, eggs, are lots of recipes for overnight breakfast dishes, soufle like etc. [NT] - AngAk - 1:34am on 05/05/06
- REC: Double-baked 3 Cheese Souffles. Haven't made them but they've been on my list. - Marg CDN - 4:34pm on 05/05/06
- Marge, what a fantastic recipe! I love that they can be made ahead and I bet they can be frozen? [NT] - orchid - 6:27pm on 05/05/06
- Marge, this sounds so good. Thanks for sharing this recipe to impress with! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 7:32pm on 05/05/06
- Here's the Oooyumdelicious but healthy muffins - Marsha tbay - 9:57pm on 05/04/06
- Wow! That IS a healthy muffin! Is the beet and squash diced or shredded? [NT] - orchid - 10:05pm on 05/04/06
- I shred the beet with the food processor grater. Your choice whether smaller or bigger pieces. - Marsha tbay - 10:35pm on 05/04/06
- Orchid, in adjusting the rcp to 1/2, I missed the olive oil...edited correctly now. I need sleep!nt [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:09pm on 05/05/06
- Noted...thanks Marsha. [NT] - orchid - 3:37pm on 05/05/06
- Can I ask why this is for mini muffins pans only. Is it just too dense? Has anyone - hallie in fla - 12:35pm on 05/05/06
- Yes, too dense...Make note that I have edited the recipe.I missed the olive oil first go-round. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:12pm on 05/05/06
- I bet you could handle this one in the morning REC German Apple Pancakes - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:01am on 05/05/06
- Cathy, this sounds just like something my husband would really appreciate as something new - Marsha tbay - 1:57am on 05/05/06
- You are welcome- I hope you like it as much as we do at our house [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:24am on 05/05/06
- Can't wait to try this! It sounds wonderful and very easy for this A.M. grump. [NT] - orchid - 3:34pm on 05/05/06
- Blintz Souffle refrigerated overnight and baked in the morning. - Michael in Tampa - 12:55pm on 05/06/06
- Printing as I write...sounds wonderful and right up my alley! Thank you Michael. [NT] - orchid - 1:04pm on 05/06/06
- You are welcome...I make it quite often for Holiday mornings. [NT] - Michael in Tampa - 1:23pm on 05/06/06
- um-hmm- I'm printing it out to try too. Thanks Michael [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:40pm on 05/06/06
- This sounds great, Michael! My mom used to make a crepe-like pancake... - RuthAB - 5:41pm on 05/06/06
- You're all welcome, enjoy! [NT] - Michael in Tampa - 10:22pm on 05/08/06