Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi Everyone! Just thought I would post a good recipe for 'Dilly Beans'
Joined: Dec 28, 2008
Posted to Thread #16184 at 5:18 pm on Sep 13, 2009
Every so often I get something worthy to mention :) A friend and I just pickled and water bath canned some Dilly Beans....so yummy! Green Beans are a cool weather crop so usually these are done in the spring here in Utah, but we happened to get a second crop here as it cooled down for fall. Yipee!
Wash and snap ends off of green beans. In the bottom of each pint jar add 1/4 tsp. cayennepepper, 1 clove crushed garlic and 1 head dill. ( I use about a 1/4 tsp. dill seed).
For quart jars, just double.
Pack in green beans.
In a saucepan combine 1/4 cup canning salt, 2 1/2 cups vinegar and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil and ladle into sterile canning jars. Process in water bath canner for 20 minutes for quarts and pints. (20 minutes for our altitude of 5000 ft in Utah).
Will need at least a couple weeks before eating to properly pickle.
"Normal" is just a setting on my washing machine.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16184. Hi Everyone! Just thought I would post a good recipe for 'Dilly Beans' - MandyinUT - 5:18pm on 09/13/09 (6)
- They look wonderful Mandy--thanks [NT] - charlie - 5:32pm on 09/13/09
- I'm waiting for my jar to show up... - LisainLA - 6:11pm on 09/13/09
- Mandy needs another California sister...I'm in! (heehee) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:45am on 09/14/09
- I used this recipe for a jar of garlic scapes. Haven't opened it yes - Liz D - 8:56am on 09/15/09