Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just removed this cake from the oven - Norwegian Gold Cake - have been interested in the recipe
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #16229 at 8:17 pm on Sep 18, 2009
for a while and tried it today. Will report on flavor when it is cool enough to eat.
Norwegian Gold Cake
"Don't disguise the flavor of this unusual cake with a frosting. It's wonderful plain, with a scoop of ice cream or fresh fruit; but a whipped cream icing is fine for birthday celebrations. You will note a method so different: creaming butter with the flour!
1 cup butter or margarine (I used butter)
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1-1/3 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract
In large mixing bowl combine butter or margarine and flour. Cream on low speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
Add sugar, baking powder, salt and almond extract. Beat for 2 minutes at low speed of mixer. Pour batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake in a 325 Degree oven for 1 hour or until the cake springs back and leaves no imprint when lightly touched on top. Invert pan; cool for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling cake on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe from: Pantry Shelf Sampler Cookbook
Savor the Flavor of New England
1983 - Author: Grace Additon
Other messages in this thread:
- 16229. I just removed this cake from the oven - Norwegian Gold Cake - have been interested in the recipe - GayR - 8:17pm on 09/18/09 (6)
- Love the name. Would use up some of my eggs...:) [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:35pm on 09/18/09
- Amanda, I don't think you will be disappointed if you try it. [NT] - GayR - 9:30pm on 09/18/09
- This cake is wonderful, light, fluffy and delicious and so so easy to make. I can see this with - GayR - 9:30pm on 09/18/09
- Gay this sounds divine....I was so taken with the recipe that I... - joanietoo - 5:06pm on 09/19/09
- Joanietoo, The difference in the recipe is the flour and butter are mixed together and that led me [LINK] - GayR - 7:03pm on 09/19/09
- Thanx for the conversion chart...When I make the loaf I - joanietoo - 7:23pm on 09/19/09