Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Mocha Truffle Cookies....
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #1728 at 11:50 pm on May 8, 2006
These are totally decadent. Deeply delicious, rich and chocolatey.
MOCHA TRUFFLE COOKIES
"These double-chocolate cookies have a soft trufflelike center, a crispy outside, and a delectable coffee flavor."
1/2 cup butter (I use unsalted)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (I use 3 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped)
1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals (I use 1 1/2 Tbsp instant espresso)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Dutch processed)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (I use Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (325 F for dark pans). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. In a large saucepan, (I use double boiler), melt butter and the 1/2 cup chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in coffee crystals; cool 5 minutes. Stir in sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir into chocolate/coffee mixture. Fold in the 1 cup chocolate pieces. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
4. Bake about 10 minutes. (Cookies should remain very soft, almost raw to the touch in the centers; the edges will get crunchy as they cool).
5. Let cool 1 minute before removing from sheets to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies.
From Better Homes and Gardens - Edited by Meryl
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1728. ISO picnic desserts to please a gourmet crowd - greedie - 3:01pm on 05/07/06 (18)
- You may want to check in "favorites" for some great ideas! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:43pm on 05/07/06
- ok, I will. Thanks Cyn [NT] - greedie - 5:36pm on 05/07/06
- Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies come to mind. [NT] - AngAk - 8:44pm on 05/08/06
- The "Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake" in Favorites is THE best chocolate cake..... - Meryl - 11:29pm on 05/08/06
- REC: Lemon Ice Cream Surprise... - Meryl - 11:36pm on 05/08/06
- REC: Mocha Truffle Cookies.... - Meryl - 11:50pm on 05/08/06
- Joe's Lemon Bars in favorites are always a hit, and big fat rice krispy treats were a hit at my last - AngAk - 12:02am on 05/09/06
- Thanks everybody [NT] - greedie - 7:01am on 05/09/06
- Bar cookies are easy to transport - how about Cyndi's REC: Toasted Coconut Bars? [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:49am on 05/09/06
- these are so good! Has Cyndi found us? [NT] - AngAk - 6:18pm on 05/09/06
- She's here - she posts as Orig Cyn :) [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:06am on 05/10/06
- Oh, of course! I didn't remember the CYH in the posts. [NT] - AngAk - 5:18pm on 05/10/06
- These sound perfect. Thank you. [NT] - greedie - 2:44pm on 05/10/06
- RE: Toasted Coconut Bars - OrigCyn - 11:18pm on 05/15/06
- Cupcakes would be fun - I just posted some quick and easy chocolate ones... - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:01am on 05/09/06
- How wonderful to receive such a quick and personal response from the author! Great Idea [NT] - barb_b - 11:30pm on 05/09/06
- REC: Espresso Brownies (diabetic) - OrigCyn - 11:22pm on 05/15/06
- REC: Hershey's Special Dark Picnic Cake - OrigCyn - 11:28pm on 05/15/06