Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Black & White Cupcakes...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #16560 at 8:39 pm on Oct 21, 2009
BLACK AND WHITE CUPCAKES
Recipe By : Jennifer Appel
Serving Size : 18
1 8-ounce package cream cheese -- softened
1 large egg -- at room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar -- divided
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, and one third cup of sugar on the medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, the remaining cup of sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just blended.
Fill each muffin cup one-third full with the cocoa batter, then top with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture until the paper is about two-thirds full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Other messages in this thread:
- 16560. REC: Black & White Cupcakes... - charlie - 8:39pm on 10/21/09 (5)
- These look good -- have you made them? - MariaDNoCA - 11:40pm on 10/22/09
- I have Maria--centers were white--what color did you have in mind? [NT] - charlie - 10:05am on 10/23/09
- Maybe orange centers so black/orange for Halloween... - MariaDNoCA - 11:45am on 10/23/09
- I left them plain, but your ideas sound great. Never say no to a good cream cheese icing. [NT] - charlie - 2:12pm on 10/23/09
- Ha, so true...so true. :-) - MariaDNoCA - 5:03pm on 10/23/09