Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Love nlb Chicken / Turkey Noodle Casserole
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #16940 at 12:05 am on Nov 24, 2009
I make this every year. Great comfort food, uses up all of the veggie leftovers...Very forgiving recipe... I add garlic, peas, carrots, you name it...Also like to add more pepper /or other spice to give it a lil kick.
Nlb's Chicken Noodle Casserole
Chicken Noodle Casserole
1/2 c plus 2 T butter, divided
1/2 c all-purpose flour
3 c rich chicken stock
2 c sour cream
1/2 c white wine
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 lb egg noodles, cooked 6 to 7 minutes
4 1/2 c cooked chicken, cut into pieces
1 lb mushroom, sliced and cooked
1 c soft bread crumbs
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Clean and slice the mushrooms and saute in a 2 tablespoons butter until soft and slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
Remove crusts from 2 or 3 slices of fresh bread and with steel blade in food processor, process bread until soft crumbs form.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan, over medium heat, and whisk in the flour. Cook 1 minute. Gradually add stock, sour cream and wine. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and blend well.
Arrange the noodles in an ovenproof casserole. Layer chicken, mushrooms then sauce to cover. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and mix with the bread crumbs. Top the casserole with the buttered crumbs and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Serve with buttered green beans
Other messages in this thread:
- 16940. Can we get a head start on uses for leftover turkey? Pls post your recipes here. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:48am on 11/23/09 (8)
- Curious1 got me thinking ahead with a link to the Turkey Tetrazzini she made. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:49am on 11/23/09
- I live for the day-after-Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich... - Heather_in_SF - 5:34am on 11/23/09
- Exactly!! If we go to someone's home for Thanksgiving dinner, I do the whole meal the next day just - Michael in Sarasota - 7:16pm on 11/23/09
- the creamy enchiladas made with turkey. [NT] - AngAk - 7:56am on 11/23/09
- Tortilla wraps: I heat the meat in the oven (covered so it doesn't burn) - EvaN - 9:45am on 11/23/09
- Zuni Rolls with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce [LINK] - rosie - 2:50pm on 11/23/09
- REC: White Bean Chili [NT] [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 5:04pm on 11/23/09
- Love nlb Chicken / Turkey Noodle Casserole - barb_b - 12:05am on 11/24/09