Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We enjoyed Traca's Rec: Liver Pate
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #16994 at 1:16 am on Nov 28, 2009
This was a hit! I added lots of herbs and ground pepper. I served it with sliced baguette and pickled onions, sliced onions and cornichons. It was a fun appetizer! Thanks Traca!
I have difficulties linking recipes...Always goes back to "Aw Shucks Shrimp"....So, I will just Cut and paste rec: below from Traca....
Loving this recipe -- especially for the holidays: James Beard's Liver Pate
Posted by: Traca at 2:38 am on Nov 20, 2009
James Beard’s Liver Pate
From the Lighthouse Breakfast Cookbook, recipes from Heceta Head Lighthouse in Oregon
James Beard lived in Lake Oswego, OR , not far from the Strudel House and visited the restaurant a few times. Mike had a chat with him one day about the elaborate process Carol would go through to make traditional chicken liver pate. After lunch Beard handed Mike a note that had this recipe on it and told him it is just as good and takes a fifth of the time to make. We served this pate for 15 years at the restaurant. It was a favorite on our brunch menu.
6 ounces liverwurst
6 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon dry sherry
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon dried tarragon
Pinch of fines herbes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon whole green peppercorns
In a mixer combine the liverwurst, cream cheese, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, fines herbes and garlic: blend well, stopping to scrape down the sides and bottom. When smooth, fold in the peppercorns.
Serve with sliced baguette, butter, Dijon mustard, shaved red onions, and cornichons.
Makes about 1 pound.
Traca’s note: when I made it, I skipped the herbes and peppercorns. Absolutely delicious!
Other messages in this thread:
- 16994. What was your hit for Thanksgiving Dinner - Mine was New Green Bean Casserole [LINK] - GayR - 4:29pm on 11/27/09 (25)
- thanks, sounds great, love the added shrooms idea!! [NT] - Nan - 6:27pm on 11/27/09
- Welcome, Nan, if you try it I hope you enjoy the recipe. [NT] - GayR - 6:59pm on 11/27/09
- Pat's Red Cabbage/Craisin/Apple slaw from this site. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 8:06pm on 11/27/09
- That makes me happy, Melissa! [NT] - PatBastrop - 12:48am on 11/28/09
- I just love the stuff. Keep it in the fridge during the summer for a bite - Melissa Dallas - 2:48am on 11/28/09
- Could someone point me to the recipe - it sounds wonderful. Thanks. [NT] - elaine - 4:43am on 11/28/09
- Here you are, elaine -- Red Cabbage, Cranberry and Apple Slaw - PatBastrop - 1:09pm on 11/28/09
- Bon Appetit's Garnet Yams with Maple Syrup, Walnuts, and Brandied Raisins [LINK] - Susie in CO - 10:54pm on 11/27/09
- Smashed potatoes (no masher, just a coffee mug--no shards, either) w/ shallots, roasted garlic. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 12:20am on 11/28/09
- At least I know it wasn't one of my mugs! - judy-mass - 3:55pm on 11/28/09
- We enjoyed Traca's Rec: Liver Pate - barb_b - 1:16am on 11/28/09
- I wonder how this would work with dark-meat turkey leftovers? Also, linking is - DawnNYS - 3:11pm on 11/28/09
- Is there such a thing?? Dark Meat leftovers??? : ) Thanks for the instructions; I follow the same, - barb_b - 4:59pm on 11/28/09
- Really? If you highlight the text and right-click then highlight "copy" it copies - DawnNYS - 1:15am on 11/29/09
- YAY! I'm so glad you liked it. We served it too. Polished off so fast! [NT] - Traca - 3:56am on 12/06/09
- Huge hits for me were Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktails, Mushroom-Stuffed Brie en Croute, and - Pat-NoCal - 2:25am on 11/28/09
- Gourmet's Spicy Garlic Shrimp Tapas. I'm made them and posted them a zillion times, [LINK] - Joe - 5:07am on 11/28/09
- Yikes! "I've" made them. I may be half Italian, but I'm not a made man yet. [NT] - Joe - 5:37am on 11/28/09
- You can't be made if you are only half Italian Joe--learned that from watching "Goodfellas" BG [NT] - charlie - 4:42pm on 11/28/09
- That's a relief. I wouldn't want a typo to get me in serious trouble. [NT] - Joe - 5:52pm on 11/28/09
- Balsamic Roasted vegetables - Glennis_NoCA - 6:45am on 11/28/09
- Glennis, Thanks for the idea/rec. I had left over veggies from our cruditte platter.... - barb_b - 1:42am on 11/30/09
- You're most welcome! Glad I could share!! [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 1:58am on 12/05/09