Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Meringue Jelly Roll with Lemon Curd
Joined: Jan 21, 2006
Posted to Thread #17146 at 8:31 am on Dec 11, 2009
No picture, but I had this at a dinner party last week - it was pretty to look at, and very yummy too.
MERINGUE JELLY ROLL WITH LEMON CURD
From Lucy Waverman at the Globe and Mail
This was a big hit at my last dinner party. The meringue rolls beautifully and you can fill it with anything you like. Baking at a high hear turns it a little spongy, making it easy to roll. You can make your own lemon curd or buy it in a jar. The jarred kind needs some extra lemon rind and juice to spark it up.
8 egg whites
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup whipping cream
1-1/2 cups lemon curd
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 11-by-17-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
Whisk egg whites until frothy and doubled in bulk. Slowly whisk in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue to whisk until the egg whites are thick, glossy and hold slightly drooping peaks. Beat in vinegar until egg whites form stiff peaks, then beat in cornstarch.
Spread meringue mixture into pan, levelling off the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is pale gold and feels firm to the touch.
Remove from oven and cool on parchment paper for 1 hour. Dust a large sheet of parchment paper with icing sugar and turn the meringue over on to the paper.
Whip cream until it hold stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into lemon curd and spread lemon cream over roulade. Roll up roulade from the long end using the paper as a guide. Chill until needed and cut into slices to serve. Serves 6 with leftovers.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17146. A friend is looking for a "Wow" Christmas dessert and I suggested - CynUpstateNY - 6:39am on 12/10/09 (11)
- Is this it? [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:39am on 12/10/09
- That's it! Thank you, Michael! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:47am on 12/10/09
- Cyn, I made the Chocolate Peppermint Cake on the cover of the Dec Bon Apetite [LINK] - Barbara in VA - 8:12am on 12/10/09
- Thanks, Barbara, I'll print this one out, too! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:32am on 12/10/09
- I'm making a Triple Chocolate Peppermint Trifle for a dinner party Saturday night. [LINK] [IMAGE] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:22pm on 12/10/09
- Hang on...issues with the chocolate pudding part....more to come. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:22pm on 12/10/09
- Waiting for your more to come...I love trifles! Always on the search for a new one [NT] - suz - 8:03am on 12/11/09
- 1 minute to cook the pudding...Bah! Cook it to a pastry cream. - Michael in Sarasota - 8:51pm on 12/11/09
- Julia's Chocolate Bombe is also terrific, and not too difficult. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 1:23pm on 12/10/09
- So many desserts, so little time! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:05pm on 12/10/09
- REC: Meringue Jelly Roll with Lemon Curd - fressca - 8:31am on 12/11/09