Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Russian Rocks
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #17208 at 7:10 pm on Dec 17, 2009
1 Cup sugar, ½ cup soft baking butter, 2 eggs
2 cups flour, 1 tsp each - cinnamon, ground allspice and nutmeg.
1 cup chopped nuts, 1 cup raisins or crasins.
1 tsp soda in 2 T warm water.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating well. Set aside.
Sift flour with spices. Add to butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Mix in water and soda.
Add nuts and fruit.
Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
These cookies are best when cold, and even better if they have a day or so to develop their flavors.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17208. ISO: Christmas Cookie Recipe using Dried Cranberries - Cath in V - 3:29am on 12/17/09 (23)
- I always add them to oatmeal cookies with coconut. Here are some cranberry shortbread recipes with [LINK] - Meryl - 4:27am on 12/17/09
- Another cookie recipe to check out: Coconut Cranberry Chews [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:28am on 12/17/09
- And another: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:28am on 12/17/09
- Thanks guys. This is giving me great ideas. Will keep you posted. [NT] - Cath in V - 6:48am on 12/17/09
- This one's really good - I made it a couple of times. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 10:32am on 12/17/09
- I meant that one up there - the Coconut Cranberry Chews [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 10:32am on 12/17/09
- This is not a cookie, but it's really good: Sugared Cranberry Trail Mix - Sandi in Hawaii - 10:35am on 12/17/09
- Cranberry pistachio biscotti...I make them smaller, use any nut and don't dip them. [NT] [LINK] - Luisa_Calif - 2:11pm on 12/17/09
- This is my favorite biscotti recipe, everyone loves them. I add a bit of Fiori di Sicilia. So good! [NT] - MoNJ - 2:22pm on 12/17/09
- I use pecans or walnuts cause I have boatloads of them AND Orange zest , not lemon [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:29pm on 12/17/09
- Macadamia Butter Cookies...looks really good, just clipped it yesterday. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:17pm on 12/17/09
- And the Flu Fighter Cookies I previously posted. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:19pm on 12/17/09
- REC; Cranberry & Orange Almond Rugelach... - charlie - 5:59pm on 12/17/09
- REC: Macadamia Butter Cookies with Dried Cranberries... - charlie - 6:02pm on 12/17/09
- REC: Russian Rocks - PatBastrop - 7:10pm on 12/17/09
- LOL. I just had to open this one up. love the name. [NT] - AngAk - 8:53pm on 12/17/09
- and you can probably see the Russian Rocks from your house. LOL. [NT] - charlie - 5:49pm on 12/18/09
- oh, ahahahahaha. [NT] - AngAk - 6:36pm on 12/18/09
- Not a cookie but a 'bark' made with white chocolate, pistachios and dried cranberries [NT] - suz - 10:18pm on 12/17/09
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies - Sylvia - 6:16pm on 12/18/09
- Thanks Everyone, I've had a bit of a baking marathon (more) - Cath in V - 7:37pm on 12/18/09
- I've seen that same recipe, with the addition of 1 egg. That might help with the dough texture too. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 5:54am on 12/19/09
- Wanted to add that I think the coconut cranberry chews are a nice modern day twist on shortbread! [NT] - Cath in V - 7:40pm on 12/18/09