Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: We add a little bourbon to our truffle ganache
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #17312 at 1:32 pm on Dec 29, 2009
instead of vanilla. My husband uses the Cuisine Cooking Lesson Kentucky Bourbon Truffles recipe from December, 1982.
The proportions are:
8 oz dark, sweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 Tbs bourbon
Dh mixes the chocolate and heavy cream to melt, removes from the heat and stirs with a spoon until completely smooth, lets the ganache cool to room temperature and then stirs in the bourbon. He generally leaves the mixture covered in the fridge for several days to "ripen." Last night, just about month-old truffles were perfectly flavored - last week they were more chocolaty.
Everyone calls them "Jeff's chocolate balls" and they are our number one most requested treat at the holidays. Colleen
Link: Cuisine Kentucky Bourbon Truffles
Other messages in this thread:
- 17312. I made chocolate truffles last night - so easy and sooo good. I used a recipe from Ghirardelli, but [LINK] - Meryl - 11:24pm on 12/28/09 (6)
- And then I made these: [NT] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 11:33pm on 12/28/09
- Yeah, right. LOL [NT] - Meryl - 11:33pm on 12/28/09
- I was impressed with your skilled cooking/prevaricating. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:11am on 12/29/09
- Why, thank you :) Great word, "prevaricating." [NT] - Meryl - 3:04am on 12/29/09
- REC: We add a little bourbon to our truffle ganache [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 1:32pm on 12/29/09
- I love mixing a little bourbon into chocolate - great combination. [NT] - Meryl - 6:55pm on 12/29/09