Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Marianne

White Wine'd Chicken and Mushrooms, adapted from "4-Ingredient Diabetes Cookbook" , quick and de-

Veteran Member
1539 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #17496 at 5:23 pm on Jan 24, 2010

licious.

8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp. salt (divided use)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed (optional)
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tblsp reduced fat margarine (35% vegetable oil)

Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the mushrooms and 1/8 tsp. salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to richly brown on the edges, stirring frequently. Set the mushrooms aside on a separate plate.

Sprinkle the chicken wit the remaining 1/8 tsp. salt, pepper, and rosemary (if using). Recoat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place the chicken in the skillet, smooth side down. Cook for 3 minutes, turn and add the mushrooms and wine.

Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, cover tightly, and simmer 5-10 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Remove the chicken only, shaking off any mushrooms, and set it aside on a serving platter. Cover it with foil to keep warm.

Increase the heat to medium high, bring the mushroom mixture to a boil, and continue to boil 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat, stir in the margarine, and spoon over the chicken.

My notes: I cheated a bit on the seasoning, used a little Cavender's Greek Seasoning instead of rosemary (which added some salt). I've made it several times in the past few weeks, and served it to company, who thought it was delicious.

"A brandy for the Chef!"

Other messages in this thread: