Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sampled this at Whole Foods: Salsa Vino (Grape salsa). Its sweetness was great with salty chips
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #17567 at 5:41 pm on Jan 31, 2010
I looked somewhat askance at the sample (I can do now since I've had LASIK sugery), then my eyes decided to hold a debate with my brain.
"Oh, look how pretty!" said my eyes, appreciating the dark red and bright green grape chunks. Meanwhile, my brain retorted: "But this is just wrong. Salsa should be tomato-y and oniony."
However, having had neither breakfast nor lunch, my stomach jumped in as the tie-breaker and said: EAT! So I gave the sample a try.
It was delicious! The sweetness of the grapes perfectly complimented the saltiness of the chip. Meanwhile, the residual zing from the jalapeņo and hot sauce was cooled by the fresh lemon flavor.
<b>Whole Foods Grape Salsa</b>
1 1/2 C green grapes, quartered
1 1/2 C red grapes, quartered
1 C red bell pepper, small dice
1/2 C green onions, chopped
4 T fruity olive oil
2 T fresh lime juice
4 tsp jalapeņos, chopped fine
(for spicier, add a little habanera pepper)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot sauce
Toss and let sit for 1/2 hour.
Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips
Makes 5 cups
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17567. Sampled this at Whole Foods: Salsa Vino (Grape salsa). Its sweetness was great with salty chips - MarilynFL - 5:41pm on 01/31/10 (7)
- Yum! Superbowl Sunday just got another salsa. Thanks Mar! - Dawn_MO - 6:05pm on 01/31/10
- You're welcome. Everything was diced fairly small, so all flavors were on one chip. - MarilynFL - 6:37pm on 01/31/10
- Lasik, yay. I had my eyes zapped in 1999, and believe it's a miracle. need reading glasses though. - AngAk - 9:36pm on 01/31/10
- Interesting. Reminds me...have you ever had pickled grapes? Would love a recipe. Had them once on a - Traca - 9:08pm on 02/01/10
- Here are a couple for you. - KC_ - 1:05am on 02/02/10
- Brilliant! I love the idea of rosting them. Currently collecting recipes to serve w/ cheese boards. [NT] - Traca - 8:12pm on 02/02/10
- Grr, make that "roasting" [NT] - Traca - 9:21pm on 02/02/10