Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #17858 at 7:38 pm on Mar 3, 2010
Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Herbs and Mustard Cream Sauce
(Bon Appétit, June 1998)
1 cup shelled raw pistachios (about 4 ounces)
1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons (about) vegetable oil
Mustard-Cream Sauce (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Finely grind nuts in processor. Add panko and blend, using on/off turns. Transfer to shallow baking dish.
Mix mustard, basil, dill and rosemary in medium bowl. Spread mustard mixture over both sides of each chicken breast.
Dip chicken breasts into nut mixture, coating completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to baking sheet. Remove any leftover nuts from skillet. Repeat with remaining 2 chicken breasts, adding more oil to skillet as necessary. Bake chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Spoon Mustard-Cream Sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Mustard Cream Sauce:
Makes about 1 cup.
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Boil white wine and shallots in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-high. Add whipping cream and simmer until reduced to 1 cup, about 2 minutes. Add Dijon mustard, basil and dill. Simmer 2 minutes to blend flavors. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17858. What is your favorite Chicken breast (skinned and boned) recipe? I usually only use breasts when... - elaine - 5:48pm on 03/03/10 (45)
- Lisa in LA's Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken breasts are so good. They're in T&T.> [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:34pm on 03/03/10
- If calories aren't a concern try Chicken Breast in Sundried tomato Cream - Luisa_Calif - 6:39pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Eggplant Parmigiana is another favorite. Recipe from The Southern Living Cookbook. - Curious1 - 6:50pm on 03/03/10
- Why is a rolling pin suggested for pounding? I don't want my rolling pin anywhere near raw chicken. - Curious1 - 6:53pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Curried Chicken and Peach Saute - cheezz - 7:30pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken with Cashews - cheezz - 7:31pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chopstick Chicken - cheezz - 7:35pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! - cheezz - 7:38pm on 03/03/10
- Printed! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:16am on 03/04/10
- Slight variation that I've made and make often - w/walnuts and a couple of tweaks for low-carb - DawnNYS - 11:41am on 03/04/10
- REC: Chicken and Broccoli with Walnuts - cheezz - 7:39pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - cheezz - 7:39pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Sesame Chicken with Noodles (I like this because it's done in the microwave) - cheezz - 7:40pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken Almondine - cheezz - 7:41pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce - posted by MOMMYTO2BOYS - cheezz - 7:46pm on 03/03/10
- This sauce is also used with salmon in this recipe: - EvaN - 10:27am on 03/04/10
- Oh! I've used the sauce for salmon.... works beautifully! [NT] - cheezz - 7:43pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - cheezz - 7:49pm on 03/03/10
- obviously I much prefer cooking with chicken breasts *g* [NT] - cheezz - 7:49pm on 03/03/10
- Thanks all. Think I will start with Chix, eggplant dish or the cashew. Thanks again. [NT] - elaine - 7:35pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce -- Melissa Dallas posted this and it's TDF! - cheezz - 7:45pm on 03/03/10
- I second that!! [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 3:51am on 03/09/10
- Me Three! It makes lots of sauce which is great over linguini. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 6:55pm on 03/09/10
- Croissant Breakfast Casserole from Deb in MI - fabulous!! - cheezz - 11:37pm on 09/04/12
- Chile Rellenos Casserole from Orchid -another one of my standbys [my notes in brackets] - cheezz - 11:38pm on 09/04/12
- Neighbor Dorothy's Heavenly Caramel Cake - cheezz - 11:40pm on 09/04/12
- Chipotle's Beef Barbacoa - cheezz - 11:42pm on 09/04/12
- Orange Beef with Cashews - sorry, don't know the source of this - cheezz - 11:44pm on 09/04/12
- Oven-Fried Chicken (from my sis and I) - cheezz - 11:45pm on 09/04/12
- Chicken Tetrazzini from Melissa Dallas - cheezz - 11:47pm on 09/04/12
- Penne with Salmon, from 1996 Family Circle - cheezz - 11:48pm on 09/04/12
- Brazilian Hot Sauce (nothing hot in it - trust me - it's just a tasty pureed veggie sauce!) - cheezz - 11:51pm on 09/04/12
- Lebanese Potatoes - potatoes+lemon....yum! - cheezz - 11:53pm on 09/04/12
- Hazelnut-crusted Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Cream sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:44pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Tarragon - Pam - 9:29pm on 03/03/10
- Easy Orange Chicken (Also posted in T&T) - Meryl - 9:34pm on 03/03/10
- Southwestern Chicken Skillet [LINK] - Meryl - 9:37pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Gyros with Yogurt-Dill Sauce [LINK] - Meryl - 9:38pm on 03/03/10
- 7 C's Chicken [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:16am on 03/04/10
- So many great ones here - will be doing chicken breasts for dinner for a while. Thanks all!! [NT] - elaine - 4:16am on 03/04/10
- elaine, I put this in 'Great Threads' so we can all find it easily. [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:44pm on 03/04/10
- Honey Sesame Chicken w/ Sun-Bird seasoning mix - BobbiJoAZ - 2:25pm on 03/04/10
- Darcy's Chicken Casserole - lorijean - 3:16pm on 03/05/10