Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Bacon & Chipotle Potato Salad
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #18022 at 7:48 pm on Apr 2, 2010
I'll bet this would be good with grilled meat. I also imagine you could use a canned chipotle or two pureed or minced with a little of the adobo instead of using the Tabasco brand.
1 1/2 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Tabasco® brand chipotle pepper sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco, mustard, and garlic; mix well. Place potatoes in a large bowl with bacon and eggs. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with additional salt, if needed. Cover and refrigerate.
Courtesy of Tabasco.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18022. Rec: Bacon & Chipotle Potato Salad - Melissa Dallas - 7:48pm on 04/02/10 (4)
- Boy, does this ever read delicious! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:29pm on 04/02/10
- yummmm.... my 3 favorite things all in one recipe! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:12pm on 04/03/10
- Yum! I making this on Monday. That will use up two boiled eggs. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:16pm on 04/03/10
- I'm making this one today too! Thanks, Melissa. [NT] - PatBastrop - 12:58pm on 04/05/10