Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here’s one of two delicious recipes I made last night. Rec: Shrimp Cakes
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #18232 at 2:19 am on May 18, 2010
The combo was delicious and my boyfriend agreed. I had made CariannaWA’s shrimp cakes twice before and enjoyed them, but these cakes were more Asian-style with a good deal of flavor without being too spicy.
I went fishing with my boyfriend a stone’s throw from the Gulf the prior day and he caught a saltwater hardhead catfish that he filleted and sautéed in what he calls Hog’s Breath dry marinade. I think he’s pulling my chain… - Lol. I must say, it was tasty and so was the corn he brought over and cooked. It’s at the upper right corner of photo.
I coarsely hand-chopped the shrimp and used a medium egg. I used peanut oil and formed the shrimp cakes into three equal portions using a 3-1/4" round cookie cutter and formed with my hands making a small dimple in the middle after chilling in the fridge.
Now that I've made these, I'd prefer a bit more heat for my taste.
Link: Shrimp Cakes
Other messages in this thread:
- 18232. Here’s one of two delicious recipes I made last night. Rec: Shrimp Cakes [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 2:19am on 05/18/10 (5)
- Rec: Slaw Tartare [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:28am on 05/18/10
- Wow, these look great!!! Send some over! [NT] - Meryl - 2:32am on 05/18/10
- both of these look wonderful! great pics too. [NT] - AngAk - 5:49am on 05/18/10
- You're Welcome, looks delicious. I see you enjoyed some of our Florida corn. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:30pm on 05/18/10
- Oh yum, I have been craving shrimp a lot lately, wonder what's in them that causes a craving?? these - Heather_in_SF - 3:11pm on 05/24/10